Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Tent Repair-DIY
Had a couple ice anchor grommets wear and come loose from being over zealous with drill and adapter putting anchors in.

Called Ardisam parent company for Eskimo tents. They get returned tents and cut tents up. Sent me for free pieces of cut up tent grommets and other tent material.

Went to JoAnnes purchasing super heavy duty canvas needle kit with curved sewing needles. Using 80# PowerPro braid that we have plenty of fixed tent. Sewing cut grommet piece over original grommet hole. Working great way better than buying a new tent or taking to a canvas shop. Plus we now have extra materials from Ardisam for a tent first aid kit.

So if you have similar issues give Ardisam customer service a call.

Pic attached of some of what they sent us at no cost. [cool]
[signature]
That is good information to know.

[quote k2muskie]
Went to JoAnnes purchasing super heavy duty canvas needle kit with curved sewing needles. Using 80# PowerPro braid that we have plenty of fixed tent.

[/quote]

About a year ago, I discovered The Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl and purchased one off of eBay.

[url "https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedy-Stitcher-120-Sewing-Awl-Wodden-Handle-Sewing-Kit-NEW/123577041257?epid=27009498601&hash=item1cc5c40169:g:WGQAAOSwF7lcLhQw:rk:1:pf:0"]Link[/url]

I have found it great and easy to use for making repairs in heavy materials. I just fixed the straps on my snowshoes last Friday with it. There are many videos on using it and it is good to watch several because they all have little tips on how to use it the easiest.
[signature]
yep we have awl also makes a difference when sewing thru extra canvas etc. Awl for sewing a great tool in kit.
[signature]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Good information Kim. Thanks for posting. Just one more excellent example of your willingness to help out other fishermen & women with useful information.[/size][/#800000][/font][/left]
[left][Image: 8tvQ8GJ.jpg?1]
[/left]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."