Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edenton revisited
Tide and weather was good for Saturday so off I went. Managed to boat some nice big tide runners, but only got 9. Thats enough for two batches of crab sauce for macaroni. Heat index will be around 100 this week so I'm off the water this week with 78 percent humidity. See what next week brings.
[signature]
Well at least you got some and from the sounds of it, there will be enough for a couple of meals. Can crab meat be frozen and saved for another time if you get a bunch or does this variety of crab not freeze well[:/]?
[signature]
They freeze very well. I just rip off the backs, hose out the guts and bag them for the freezer. I just pop a bag into the sauce while it's cooking and its game on. LOL On the way back home I heard a noise so I pulled over. Only had a rim left on the left side of the trailer. Micky mouse jack was no fun in 93 degree heat to change a tire. I bought a hydrolick jack the next day. Almost called AAA but I know where I live it's a two hour wait for service. [crazy] If it was the truck, I would have waited.
[signature]
Sorry to hear that Gregg, seems we all have had that happen at one time or the other and it is no fun.
[signature]
Well with new Jack and Tire on board and the temps in mid eighties next week, I'll hope to head out Friday. Feels like a northern summer here now. Actually hit 67 last night. LOL Maybe I better shut up.
[signature]
It's been cooler overnight and daytime temps here too, maybe Summer is winding down.
[signature]