Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat trailer steps
I have found it impossible to climb between the Tongue and bow of my new boat and have been looking for solutions. Mooseman suggested I look into steps. I have and they look like just the thing. I am wondering if any of you know about good or bad brands. Any preferred brand? Do you know of anyone locally that can build some for less than $400?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I used a collapsible 3 step ladder designed for a pontoon boat. It folds up and stores flat on the bow of my Tracker Pro Guide deep V. I added some reinforcement under the deck for the mounting so that my 300 lb. brother could use it. It cost about $45 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097L...UTF8&psc=1

[inline "Boat (4) - Copy - Copy.JPG"]
[inline "Boat (4) - Copy.JPG"]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Craig I think I’m going to get the 3 step trailer steps from amazon. It’s called: Quality Mark 28801 Bow Step - 3-Step, Starboard. It can actually be ordered to mount on the port side but with your trolling motor the starboard side would be better. It’# $245 for the 3 step design and $295 for the 4 step design. It also folds up when not I’m use. It has a handle as well. If you search for steps for boat trailer it will be first item listed. The web address isn’t showing up for it for me in my app or I would post it. You can also do a web search for same thing and it has some for cheaper but I don’t know about quality. Of course I don’t know about quality on Amazon’s since I haven’t bought it yet.
[signature]
I looked into it and found it for $207 at boatid.com, but I have no idea how much the shipping would be.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I ordered the steps from Overton's and made my base & post. For some, it might fasten directly to the winch stand.
[signature]