Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Time Lincoln Beach
Wednesday afternoon me and my fishing comrade, Rino, headed to explore the waters at Lincoln beach. This was a first time trip down to the south end of the lake and neither of us had ever fished there before. As we drove down expectations were sky high not a single cloud in the sky. The lake was glass. Upon arrival at 4:45 pm the outside air was 80F water temp was around 69. Two other trucks were in the lot a black one and an ugly one. I thought Maybe it's Mooseman's and he will come and guide me into the fish and tell me of the Legends of the Lincoln Beach Ledge. We set sail and followed the shore west. As we rounded the corner we saw a line of wader guys and ladder guys in 3 1/2 to 4 feet of water depending on height. Spirits were high, but nobody was catching anything. I landed a white bass on a purple wiggle flig tipped with a night crawler. Now expectations got real high. I put the purple flig back in the water. Then the wind started blowing 2 foot swells came upon us. Now the boat is violently jigging my flig and it so it got caught on the rocky bottom. Too late the wind blew it and my line snapped. Darn That was one of a kind flig. The Wader guys and Ladder guys retreated to the shallows like the north at the Battle of Bull Run. Now we got 3 foot swells. Uh, this got ugly in a hurry. I am pretty sure I was looking at glass 45 minutes ago. We headed back to the marina and called it a night.
[signature]
If you would have been there earlier in the day the black truck could very well have been mine as I was out there bank tangling and I would surely have tried to put you on fish as best as I know how. Except I needed help myself I didn’t even catch a white bass in the 2 hours I was there. With this colder weather it seems that most are catching in the 8-10’ range and bank fishing is getting mighty tough, even with my 9’ rod that can cast a mile (ok just a bit shorter) but I still haven’t had any luck for shore my last 3 trips. As far as the waves and the 4 letter swear word, “wind” if it’s rolling from the north beware it gets ugly quick and it’s best to bite the bullet and run. It would have been a pleasure to meet you and maybe some other time it can happen. I’m not to far away.
[signature]
that sounds about right around 5 the north wind quite often comes up out of no where, well the north but no reason, I've hurried out of work and headed down on good days just to turn around and come home may times, its good to hear the wadding warriors are out there, must mean its time for to go after the eyes, I know that's what they are after, do you know what the water temp was in the main lake?
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I was about to check the water temp... then the wind started blowing so hard I got side tracked and never got around to it.
[signature]