Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summit County hard water
So I drive along rockport and echo everyday. Rockport is about half frozen from the dam towards the inlet. Echo is solid and has crystal glass ice that is at least 3 inches thick and supported my 350 lb self along with 4 other fishermen this sunny Friday 10 degree morning. Plan on fishing this weekend at echo to test my new flasher. If anyone is planning a trip would be good to see some fellow bft anglers.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. How's the bite at Echo? And how far out were you fishing?
Just wondering .Did anyone fish Echo today !! If so , How was the ice and the fishing ?? Thanks
[signature]
My weekend is filled, but would love to hear a fishing report. I’m hoping to get out on Echo Monday with my kids.
[signature]
I didn't fish because my gear was at home but I live 10 minutes away the ice was 5 to 6 inches this morning. Going home to get my gear. Will report later on bite.
[signature]
The bite was light. Caught 1 9 inch perch marked many others and trout were about 16 feet down. Ice 4 inches by the boat ramp.
[signature]
WOW !!!! Thanks for the report . A year ago at first ice Perch fishing was great
! With lots of 10 inch perch ! They were either 10 inches or 4 inches . Those 4 inches should be 10 inches this year ! Still very early . It can only get better , RIGHT ! See you on the ice . BE SAFE !
[signature]
Sorry for the late update went out Sunday and slayed the perch I believe the clear ice water and sun on Saturday had the fish picky. Was fishing 48 feet of water on the bottom also managed a decent brown. Tear drop jigs with a wax worm and a rattle spoon tipped with perch eyes.
[signature]