Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview night bite reports???
We went on the west end, between the port ramp and the narrows, a week ago and found a lot more fish than when we tried cemetery point. The bite was super light and we could only get the bottom bouncers to bite. But brought enough home for some awesome tacos. Perch meat and wax worms were the best that day and used some small glow ice flies charged with a uv light.
[signature]
Thanks much! Did you catch perch or crappie? If crappie, any size to them?

LT
We caught both. More perch than crappie. The crappie bites were more aggressive than the perch bite. It was quantity over quality as far as the size goes. Most 8-9” but as always, the big ones got off!
[signature]
Thanks again.

LT
Tacos, or no tacos?
[signature]
Never made it out. Weather, work, and the thought of small fish said "stay home"!!

LT
Did you say you caught perch at night? Or was this before dark? I've never caught a perch after the sun goes down, so I was curious... I know the crappie keep going after sundown, but always seems like the perch quit for me... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
It was about an hour and a half before the sun came up. I’ve had the same experience fishing perch at dusk where they just disappear, but the two Hours pre dawn, we have found both the perch and crappie active again. It’s just hell waking up that early
[signature]
Indeed. I once, out of all the trips ever in my life, caught two (bigger than average for PV) perch, about 2 hours after dark.

That's it.

But, I've caught lots when the sky just barely starts to lighten, 45 minutes before it's light enough to see and way before the sun comes up.
[signature]
Hey Jeff,

I have caught perch at night. It was at Yuba just before or during the pike explosion. The bite was very much slower than in the daytime. but we got a few. My suspicion is they don't move around much after dark, but will bite it food falls on their noses.
[signature]