Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Archery Hunt
Man that was a hot week in the mountains last week, we were able to bring a nice fat cow home for for freezer though. My son killed a cow the first evening and I missed one at my water hole. Didn't see as many hunters in the area we hunt this year but that was fine with us. Next up will be a deer hunt for the wife in Utah which is a CWMU hunt the 5th of Oct. then I have an Idaho tag for the 10th of Oct.
Very hot, cant even get a good nap in the afternoon, congrats on cow,  me and my daughter only have deer tags right now, shes getting picky this year, wont even chase 2 pts and to short for bigger bucks in the sagebrush, Im looking for this guy but so far we havent met, talked to some elk hunters who had him at 40 yds, still a lot of hunting this year to find him.

[Image: I-01467.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Good luck to you and your daughter, I hope you can harvest that buck. My two daughters and oldest son all drew deer tags along with me for Wy. this season. We have friends that live near Greybull and have taken deer there in the past but have missed going the past few years, we like it because we have a chance at either white tail or mule deer.
That sound fun looking for either kind, I'm dedicated hunter so I have muzzle and rifle, my elk is muzzle in November and she drew a cow tag in dec/jan. same one as last year, she loves archery and thinks rifle hunting is to easy, good luck on all your hunts.

just remember its about the outing Not the harvest.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(08-27-2020, 07:53 PM)PACKFAN Wrote: Good luck to you and your daughter, I hope you can harvest that buck. My two daughters and oldest son all drew deer tags along with me for Wy. this season. We have friends that live near Greybull and have taken deer there in the past but have missed going the past few years, we like it because we have a chance at either white tail or mule deer.
  Congrats to you boy on getting a cow. I'm glad you didn't have any Jackholes up there target shooting in the canyon this year  and scaring everything off.  Angel
  Best of luck on your Wyoming hunt. Sounds like a great time with the whole family. Myself and some friends have a bunch of Antelope tags not too far from there. We're looking forward to having a fun hunt camp and hopefully getting the kids on some goats. My first hunt coming up will be the gen muzzy deer, then the Wy goat hunt, and finally an end of the year cow elk tag. I have 4 antelope tags for Wy so hoping I can fill those and get an elk to get the freezer re-stocked. Last year I didn't have an elk tag and just got 2 antelope and a deer so the freezer is about as low on meat as it's been in quite a few years. 
Take care friend.....
Sunrise on the water
(08-28-2020, 03:32 PM)WET1 Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 07:53 PM)PACKFAN I appreciate the no shooting in our hunting area, just finishing off the wifes moose from last season. Looking forward to eating some good grain fed whitetail steaks. Good luck on your hunts Todd. Wrote: Good luck to you and your daughter, I hope you can harvest that buck. My two daughters and oldest son all drew deer tags along with me for Wy. this season. We have friends that live near Greybull and have taken deer there in the past but have missed going the past few years, we like it because we have a chance at either white tail or mule deer.
  Congrats to you boy on getting a cow. I'm glad you didn't have any Jackholes up there target shooting in the canyon this year  and scaring everything off.  Angel
  Best of luck on your Wyoming hunt. Sounds like a great time with the whole family. Myself and some friends have a bunch of Antelope tags not too far from there. We're looking forward to having a fun hunt camp and hopefully getting the kids on some goats. My first hunt coming up will be the gen muzzy deer, then the Wy goat hunt, and finally an end of the year cow elk tag. I have 4 antelope tags for Wy so hoping I can fill those and get an elk to get the freezer re-stocked. Last year I didn't have an elk tag and just got 2 antelope and a deer so the freezer is about as low on meat as it's been in quite a few years. 
Take care friend.....
Yes, it was a warm week, let alone hot summer. Congrats on filling some tags and enjoying time in the hills with friends and family. I have a CWMU elk tag on Deseret in December, then a Montana Deer trip, no tag for me, just chasing birds and being the camp bitch which is still better than working and or sitting at home.
(08-29-2020, 05:43 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: Yes, it was a warm week, let alone hot summer. Congrats on filling some tags and enjoying time in the hills with friends and family. I have a CWMU elk tag on Deseret in December, then a Montana Deer trip, no tag for me, just chasing birds and being the camp bitch which is still better than working and or sitting at home.
I miss guiding on Deseret, had a lot of fun doing that back in the late 80s and 90s. They have changed a lot since the church has leased the hunting operations out to a private group. You can hardly watch an outdoor hunting show filmed in Utah that is not filmed on the ranch, I think Lee and Tiffany even have a hunting lease on it. Just like everything else, too commercialized. I'm glad I was able to experience it before all this took place. I have an annual hunt booked for geese in eastern WY. the end of Jan. and a sandhill crane hunt booked the first part of Jan. near Lubbock TX. Plus I always take 3 or 4 trips a year to MT. Home Id. to hunt birds. I still spend time with John C. on several of our hunts who is a LT. on the police force now.
Was able to get a few days in Pheasant hunting on our WY. deer hunt, no planted birds where we hunt all wild, I killed one rooster that had a 24 1/2 in tail i havent killed one that size for a few years. My young yellow lab Sadie is doing a great job on the birds.
[Image: Sadie-and-WY-pheasant-Nov-2020.jpg]