Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No backcountry love...
Hit some backcountry mangrove creeks yesterday, I think the water is still to warm to push the fish this far back. I’ll be heading closer to the bay on my next outing. Still need the catch my 1st Redfish.
[signature]
You got to wait as Hurricane Season comes to an end and the water is no longer nearly 80 degrees the fishing there will pick up. I’m jealous. Fishing the mouth of those mangrove creeks from a kayak is a blast.
Catching Redfish is easy - just throw a live shrimp[Wink]. And change it if it gets half eaten or dies. I’ve never actually caught one on a fly. I image a good shrimp or clouser pattern with a rattle would work.
[signature]
My guide buddy down here says it’s starting to get going and sent me some spots to hit. Ya, I love fishing the mangroves and the flats at the creek mouths. Getting a bit of a cold front this week and the water temp should start dropping. I went to my tarpon canal this morning and just watched tarpon after tarpon rolling but not one eat. Frustrating.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]I went to my tarpon canal this morning and just watched tarpon after tarpon rolling but not one eat. Frustrating.[/quote]
Oh, if I could only come and help! I had some rolling in "my tarpon bay" in MX last week that wouldn't eat too though.
[signature]