Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my skiff...
Went and bought my skiff today, trolling motor getting installed and the poling platform is getting powder coated. 16’8” and drafts in 3” of water. Super stoked to be fly fishing the flats and not have to paddle my yak anymore.
[signature]
Wow, 3 inches. Crazy.

Congrats!

Tom
[signature]
I'm in Florida quite a bit for work. We may need to go Chuck some feathery meat! Where are you located?
[signature]
Palm Harbor, so basically all of Tampa Bay and the coast, let me know.
[signature]
Sweet. Do you still have the 801 number for your cell phone if I happen to make it your way this winter [shocked][laugh]?
[signature]
yes, same number as the one you probably have.
[signature]
I think we are all jealous. We’ll be even more jealous when the deep freeze sets in up North and your out in the sunny warm weather fishing the flats. Good Luck with the new fishing challenges that await you.
[signature]
Beautiful boat! May you have much success with it.
[signature]
Amazing how many friends will come out of the woodwork now! You're all set. Sportfishing Capital of America, or just north of it.[Wink] Close enough. You're surrounded by awesome fish. Enjoy.

That boat got some great reviews on Skiff Life and other top sites!
[signature]
You need to look up Marty Zoffinger. (Zoffinger on Youtube) and shake his hand for me. He's a kayaking legend.
[signature]
Ya, he has his new shop set up over on the little manatee river, I think I’ll head over one day and meet him.
[signature]
Living the dream!! Best of catching to you!!!

SBW
[signature]
I actually bagged on the Ibis, felt a little too small. Found a great used Ranger 169 flats ghost, I am picking it up tomorrow. Excellent condition and loaded!! Trolling motor, navionics, platform, push pole, stereo, power pole. Stoked!
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]

I actually bagged on the Ibis, felt a little too small.

[/quote]

Wow, that was fast. Sharp looking Ranger.
[signature]
I have a 90 Yamaha motor on my skiff, only mine is a 2003 (2-stroke). I'm running it on the Gorge right now. Awesome dependability. I only have about 600 hours on it, but its been super. Runs good even at -6 degrees. Of course, you won't have to worry about that. Rinse, rinse, rinse.
[signature]