Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day in the life...
Got out today hoping for some big jacks like the ones I got Sunday, no luck today on the jacks, got out a little late and it was a fairly slack tide, got a few decent ladyfish. Quick video.

https://youtu.be/8aFj8lwoZpo
https://youtu.be/x9iGScIJ8JQ
[signature]
Looks like a nice day out. Those poor man’s tarpon are always fun. Now are those cigarros de Cuba o Tampa? Be careful down there, next thing you know you’ll develop a likening for Havana Club Rum.
[signature]
Love me some Cuban cigars but only cheap cigars go fishing, if one goes in the drink I don’t feel so bad. Lost many a smoke to the Green River. Ladyfish are always a fun side note ( beats a skunk) but I really need some big Jacks on the fly.
[signature]
Nice videos, thanks for sharing. Are you sight fishing or blind casting for the fish?
[signature]
These were blind cast (sort of) fairly cloudy and the water was not very clear but I found a school busting some bait and cast to where they were feeding. Was not sight casting individual fish but I knew they were there.
[signature]
“Lost many a smoke to the Green River.”- That explains a lot- I always wondered if the coyotes in Seedskadee smoked cigars [laugh].
[signature]
Nice video! Looks like they put up a good fight, the way your rod is doubled over.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing! What are you filming with? What did you use to edit the video? Cool concept!
[signature]
I’m just using my iPhone X and a video editor I found online. Figure posting videos on YouTube makes it easier for my Utah friends to view.
[signature]
Got out yesterday in the midst of a cold front, fishing was slow. Looks
Like another cold front next week. So since fishing looks iffy for a week or so I ordered a new prop for my trolling motor since my current one is ate up. At least I get out in style [Smile]
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Got out yesterday in the midst of a cold front, fishing was slow. Looks
Like another cold front next week. So since fishing looks iffy for a week or so I ordered a new prop for my trolling motor since my current one is ate up. At least I get out in style [Smile][/quote]

Already! That didn't take long.[Wink] That's sure a sweet looking skiff.
[signature]
If I could only catch Jacks for the rest of my life, I would be ok with it.
[signature]
Nice vids man, thanks for sharing. I'm jealous!
[signature]
They pull hard and all of that, but they will grow old because they're never a challenge. Sometimes you can find a school of them and catch one every cast for hours. If they were in freshwater, they would be America's greatest game fish. But where you are, they're just an easy catch. Enjoy them while you can. In the keys they would drive us crazy because they would get in the way of catching Tarpon and Snook and whatever else we were trying to catch. But they sure are on steroids!
[signature]
ya, guess it's a good thing I have a variety [laugh]
[signature]
I miss the variety for sure. More different sport fish in a square mile than the whole western US! I'm waiting for some inshore tarpon pictures! They'll be at your bridges and channels soon too.
[signature]
Ya, i suspect a couple more months. not set up for the big migratory fish, I just need some juvies [Smile]
[signature]
Juvies are the very best. Migratory tarpon are way overrated and a pain in the . . . and everywhere else after you fight one forever. Get a big one now and then, but don't make a habit of it. 5-30 pounders are perfect. I'll be hooked up to some in 32 days.
[signature]
I thought you were getting a Mangrove or Hells Bay?
[signature]
i found a deal on this used Ranger that I couldn't pass up.
[signature]