Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow flats, headed to the ocean...
Finally have some good weather, was 75* yesterday and the next handful of days look even better. I was finally able to get out after working 6 days. Hit up my flat in Safety Harbor, last hour of an outgoing tide and stayed all the way through the incoming. Very slow today even with the water movement, saw no big bait busts, the few I did see I managed to get a few ladyfish and some small trout. I think I’ll hit the intercostal on Thursday and start hitting some of the islands and passes.

https://youtu.be/x0Fe9ZhFrrA
[signature]
Remo - You’re making me jealous. I still have a little over a month before my Belize trip and with nearly a foot and a half of snow on my driveway the time is not going by any faster and you’re not making it any easier to wait.

Do any bonefish make it up your way or is that too far north? I know you get tarpon, snook, and permit. I guess the redfish have to substitute for bonefish.

Thanks for making many of us envious.

HM
[signature]
Ya, no bones up here, I’m sure there’s an oddity every now and then.
[signature]
Nice break from my freezing day...thanks.
[signature]
Mike,
Sounds like a nice warm day out. However your water is too cold for the next month or two. If you need to find some to time head south to 10,000 Islands, Flamingo or even the Keys. If you got time fish the canals with brackish water along Alligator alley or the Tamiami Trail. Water down there is usually in the 70s by February.
Looks like I’m heading to New Mexico in a week. Not warm compared to Florida but I’m hoping to hit the Cuttbows running out of the Rio Grande Gorge into the Red River as they move up prespawn. Supposedly there can also be a Caddis hatch there that early. Hoping to hit the Rio Chama and Pecos down out of the National Forest and hopefully out of the snow. Usually some descent rainbows down there.
The Rio Chama below the dams reminds me a lot of fishing the Green in Seedskadee- just its usually 20- 50 degrees warmer thankfully.
[signature]