Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercostal Waterway out of Clearwater....
Got out on the ICW yesterday, 75* and light breeze. Made it out the last couple hours of a falling tide and found some good flats on the backside of Caladesi Island. Found some fish working around an exposed oyster bed. Didn’t want flies today so I threw a DOA paddle tail at them. Caught some nice trout for a few hours. 1 bad thing is I burned up the plug on my trolling motor. Not sure if I had a loose connection or corrosion. Cut it off and ordered a new plug, hopefully my motor is not damaged. Anyways, another great day in Florida.
[signature]
It was only 64 deg colder than that at UL this morning! I wasn't out there though. You're doing a great job of keeping us informed and and a bit envious[Wink]

Thanks for the report and pictures!
[signature]
Mark the wires on both the receptacle and the plug and then unscrew the screws holding each wire. Attach the wires directly to each other the same as if done with the plug and receptacle using wire nuts. Continue fishing. Don't let a burnt plug cause you to lose time fishing. You can put on a new plug and receptacle later.

Ronald Smile
Do you have an in-line circut breaker Mike? 25 years ago, I had the wires on mine actually catch fire because I had the wires direct from the motor to the plug and battery. No more. I have an in line breaker (50amp) on the hot wire between the receptacle and the battery. It seldom trips, but when it does, I can simply reset and continue. It happens on the hottest days, in the wind, with the motor working hard. Minn Kota and others sell the breaker.
[signature]
Yes, it has a breaker, not sure why it didn’t kick off. The plug was pretty corroded. I guess we’ll find out with the new plug.
[signature]
You were fishing in 100 degree warmer temperatures than I was. For that, I would be willing to sacrifice ice fishing.[Smile]
[signature]
You probably already know, but CorrosionX is your friend in Florida! I sprayed it on everything, and I mean everything. Comes in a red can. Rods, reels, batterey terminals, electrical connections, electronic plugs, knives, pliers, anything metal.

'Better find some tarpon hiding in some warm, dirty backwater or else I'll be able to say I caught one before you did this year! I'm headed to Campeche a week from today.
[signature]
Crap, I better get on it!! Have fun in Mexico!!
[signature]
Yes Kent, im not really missing ice fishing, but I do enjoy it. Just as long as I’m fishing I’m happy.
[signature]