Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Best this morning.....
Got out this morning for a few hours, last two hours of an outgoing tide. Threw on a 4” live grunt and 1st thing to eat was a 34” Snook, great fight on my Med/heavy rod. 20 lb braid and 40 lb flouro. Luckily a guide was cruising by and snapped a pic for me. Got 3 nice trout also before the tide went slack.
[signature]
Looks like some productive time on the water Mike, do you eat any of these fish you catch?
[signature]
Snook, Trout and Redfish are closed for the time being due to the red tide kill off last year. I put them back anyways but I hear those 3 are the best tasting fish around.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]

Got out this morning for a few hours, last two hours of an outgoing tide... Got 3 nice trout also before the tide went slack.

[/quote]

Hey Mike, how about educating us fresh-water anglers on the impact of changing tides on fishing. I definitely have zero experience in fishing tide changes.
[signature]
It's all about moving water Kent, predatory fish like the bait to come to them, so when the tides are moving they will sit on ambush points and wait for bait to get flushed to them, either incoming or outgoing...bigger tides the better. I have been in the passes when it looks like a raging river is flowing. When the tide is not moving, fish aren't eating.
[signature]
Interesting stuff and makes sense. I have seen incoming tides in Alaska that the entire bay looked like a huge wall of water was coming in. Apparently, Alaska experiences stronger tidal changes than most other areas.
[signature]