Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre hurricane Dorian fishing.....
Went out today as next week looks shot, got on the flats at a high tide, threw cut bait into the potholes and banged some good Redfish. 28”, 30” and 27” all fat and feisty, only got bit off by 1 shark today.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice Man, hopefully I can do that sometime.
[signature]
You got the life my friend. Nice fish. Stay safe with that hurricane coming.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Not sure how much we’ll get over on this coast, people are acting like it’s the end of the world [crazy]
[signature]
So uh, its well past "tarpon season" now. Did I miss some posts, or are you not fishing for any? You should have had residents all over the place, and migratorys all up and down the coast from you by now.

Remember, we never even evacuate Wyoming for 75-100 mph winds! But the rain, ya, you'll get a bunch of that. Won't be too many boats out before the storm though. Be careful, and fish while everyone else is at Home Depot and getting gas!
[signature]
I have done zero Tarpon fishing, snook and reds... so many storms the last month has kept me off the water on my days off, too much lightning! I had a guy get struck a few weeks ago walking on the beach, he didn’t make it, scary stuff!
[signature]
Those fish with the big spot near the tail. Are those Drum ? Can you keep and eat those ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yes, Red Drum...Redfish, yes...apparently they are delicious. There is a slot limit that you can keep during the season, but currently they are all off limits to keep as the red tide last year took a big toll on redfish and trout, catch and release at the moment.
[signature]
What weight rod do you use to throw the cutbait? Do you pause longer on the back cast to load the rod fully and start forward slow on the cast so you don't break it?[Smile]
[signature]
Ha, tide was a bit high to sight fish with the fly rod and I was feeling lazy, so just threw bait [Sad]
[signature]
Mike, anything special that you have to do after using your boat in salt water to get rid of the salt?
[signature]
Flush the motor and spray off the hull, if really dirty I soap and water it, but that’s usually only every couple of trips.
[signature]
You're living the life man! Great post!

Do you still have relatives in woodruff to visit or have you made a clean break to Florida?

Mike
[signature]
Still there, I was there over the 4th of July. Got over to bear lake to hang out for a bit.
[signature]
Losing one to sharks or barracudas is pretty typical depending what you’re fishing for. Sounds like a good time. Be careful with that lightening Only another month or so and the dry season will start and you’ll have plenty of good days.
I’m getting settled in NM. Going to stay up by Taos next week after everyone is back at work after the holiday. Staying right next to the Rio Grande Gorge so definitely will fish that. Hopefully try out a handful of new places to fish as well. Probably not try out southern Colorado until I learn the ropes closer to home.
[signature]