Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boils!!
http:// https://youtu.be/QukT0QbmOMY

Got out yesterday and had upper Tampa Bay to myself, got into a serious boil of feeding ladyfish, lasted about an hour. I stepped on my flyrod and broke it so I just threw paddle tails, just ridiculous fishing...guess I’ll be testing the warranty on my fly rod this week.
[signature]
Ended the day with a pair of sharks.
[signature]
Where did DWR stock Hammerhead sharks ??? Hope they don't chew on the planter rainbows where ever they are !! To bad about the fly rod, good luck on the warrenty !
They planted them in east canyon [Wink]....fly rod in the mail to Washington, $35 for a replacement. Echo Rods comes through.
[signature]
Mike, that looks like great fun.
[signature]
Lots of fun Kent, was hoping it was a school of big Jacks, now those are exciting! Next time I hope. When these things get going off, hang on [Smile]
[signature]
Mike, Those poor man tarpon look like a lot of fun. Now have you made it down to the 10,000 Islands or Keys yet? As your water temps start to quickly drop from upper to lower 70s it is the time to head south. Just get up and leave at 5 am to miss traffic. If it was me I'd head to Chokoloskee and put in. That's doable for a day trip. I'd save going to the Keys or Flamingo for a weekend or multiple day trip. Fall is the lightest fishing as not many tourist. If you do hit the Keys be sure to get a spiny lobster permit. The lobster are shallow enough to get snorkeling there.
I haven't been down to the Keys and 10,000 Islands for 3 years. Probable will have to go this winter as that's about the longest I've gone without a visit in the past 3 decades.
I do have GPS coordinates for Lobster holes in several regions of the Keys I could probable dig up for you. But honestly there's a few places just covered with holes that I could direct you to where we don't bother with GPS coordinates at all.
[signature]