Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday the 13th., not unlucky!!
Checked out a new spot today on the flats at the mouth of the Anclote river. Overcast, dead calm on a super low tide. Sat on the flats and just watched schools of redfish and jacks working the shallow water. Threw the fly rod on a few reds and trout, crushed the jacks on live shrimp and paddle tails. Got a surprise when I landed my 1st permit, Sadly it wasn’t on the fly...maybe next time. I think between me and my buddy we caught 30 or so jacks, trout and reds.
[signature]
So that didn't look like it sucked! [Wink] Nice job!
[signature]
Looks like a lot of fun, but you need to Smile for the camera.[Wink]
[signature]
You make me jealous!

Mike
[signature]
Mike, looks like a great time. What's with the coat? I was in just a flannel long sleeve shirt fishing at 7000 ft on the Jemez River this week. It was sunny and in the mid 50s. I know Florida with that humidity really feels cold in the 60s without the sun but was it that cool already? Or are you just going soft on us[laugh]?
[signature]
Just a fleece, it was raining lightly and I forgot my rain jacket so I just threw it on....not that cold yet [Wink]
[signature]
[quote whit210]So that didn't look like it sucked! [Wink] Nice job![/quote]
what he said
I tend to only throw the whippy stick
that way ya wont be Sad when ya gits em the other ways[bobWink]
ya know there aren't any fly fishing emojis here
[signature]
Great pictures! Looks like an outstanding day.
[signature]
Remo,
are you familiar with sanibel island? I'm heading there the middle of January with the family and plan on doing some fishing. I've only fished the flats around macdill AFB in tampa about 4 years ago and know nothing of the west coast side out of fort meyers.
any info would be appreciated
thanks
[signature]
I prefer staking the boat and fly fishing but when the opportunity arises, I will throw whatever [Wink]
[signature]
I have not fished Sanibel since I moved here but I have fished it in the past, January is going to be a slow time, no snook on the beach, I know there is a lagoon on the backside that may produce some fish. I would throw top waters on the gulf side in the mornings and the just the standard artificial a and live bait in the day. If you have a car I would drive to the north end of Sanibel where it connects with Captiva island and fish the pass.....but I am just grasping....check google and YouTube and you should get a better idea for January.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Talked with the guy at the bait store and he said it’s a great time to fish. Prolly just trying to sale tackle. I’ve checked YouTube a bunch, standard variety of species, but I’d like to get some trout and reds. We’ll see what I can do, thanks for the reply
[signature]
There should be trout and reds...I think you should be good...good luck!
[signature]