Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slayfest!!!!!
Got out in the wind today, just a quick video of some on the fly caught fish, this did not include the countless fish we caught on artificial’s and live bait, the Jack’s were on the hunt! We quickly threw a few flies at them and I grabbed some video of few we landed.

https://youtu.be/YATv8xLZdH0
[signature]
I have had a few days were Jacks saved me from a skunk. Have you ever tried catching a Jack mano a bocca (handline). They hit everything and you don't need to toss it out very far. Just tie a fly or a hook with bait to a length of 25 -50 lb test line. Be sure to wear gloves and hang on. You'll probable lose several to start but they'll keep biting for quite awhile.
[signature]
No, but I’ll give it a shot, thought it was going to be a Redfish day, 1st fish of the day was that big Red my buddy caught, but that was it...found the Jack’s on the hunt and we fished them the rest of the day 👍🏾
[signature]
That sure looks like fun.
[signature]
Sometimes you just have to take advantage of what's biting. The Rio Chama was blown out by high water releases from both dams during October and November. They finally dropped it to normal (200 cfs) 10 days ago and to only 50 cfs a couple days ago. Finally got time to go today. I was thinking finding nice browns should be almost as easy as shooting fish in barrel with those relatively low flows and low fishing pressure for a couple months. Caught a dozen 11-15 inch rainbows in a hour on a size 8 prince nymph. Tried for a while with a streamer without luck. Nobody else was catching anything I ran into in that stretch. Tried further downstream with big streamers for a good 90 minutes. I came up totally empty. Ran into one guy downstream that was catching a few rainbows only.
Wasn't really hoping for small bows but still a lot of fun. It's not Florida but Temps were around 50. Felt much warmer w/o wind, the low humidity and bright sun. Coat stayed in the car although I did use some fishing gloves for the first hour.
[signature]