Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a kid fishing......
I am a member of another forum here in Florida and last week a college kid chimes in asking if anyone would be generous enough to take him out fishing while he was in town for Christmas...he was staying fairly close to me and me and some buddies were going out so I invited him along. Had a good day, bite was not insane but enough to keep it interesting. We caught trout, redfish, sharks and he caught and kept a Spanish Mackerel. Fun day, nice kid, glad I was able to help him out.
[signature]
Awesome Remo, love the pic of the shack by it self on the water.
[signature]
Cool, way to share your blessings.
What info would you be willing to share about Peacocks in february please?
[signature]
Very nice. I wish there was more ways kids can reach out to fishing communities in the different states to ask to go fishing. My days off and work schedule usually means I am fishing by myself alot. I would not mind help a young person out and passing in a great tradition of fishing.
[signature]
Good on you. Build up the good karma. Is the shack public or private, and what is it's purpose?
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Not sure about the shack, buddy says someone built it but I doubt it’s private since it’s right off a public island , but who knows.
[signature]
I know nothing of peacocks....where are you fishing? Down in south Florida?
[signature]
Miami.
[signature]
Everglades? I know that the canal off the road along alligator alley has all sorts of fish, just pull off the road and fish, the local canals all hold peacocks, Mayan cichlids, clown knifefish, largemouth....you should have a good time.
[signature]
If you're going to be in Miami, I wouldn't suggest going up to Alligator Alley. Alligator Alley Canal seems to still have the most subsistence fishing for low income Floridians of all the canals. You have options much closer. Airport Lakes and Tamiami Canal are better for Peacock bass. I've fished some of those waters a bit but usually just drive by them wishing I had made time to stop and fish.. Paulpro used to post on BFT regularly about his fishing that appeared to be mostly in the immediate Miami area. He frequently gave up his locations after he had time to fish them and move on to find others. He has plenty on youtube as well. I'm sure a search Peacock Bass Miami will give you plenty of specifics. If you're going to drive 60 miles or more hit Key Largo or Flamingo instead.
[signature]