Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find your flat...
Went out today in a brutal wind, not sure what I was thinking...it was fine until I had to load the boat by myself at the ramp, wind blowing one way, current ripping the other way, that was a lot of fun...not! I got out on a low tide, 1st thing when I pulled up to the flat was to drop the trolling motor in to get up in some potholes, dead trolling motor. Hmmmm, just charged the batteries, look at the plug and see that it is fried (2nd time I’ve burned a plug). Well, drop the power pull and fish....wind at my back, fish feeding in the current. For awhile I was catching sea trout on every cast, nothing big but it kept it interesting, caught a feisty Pompano and a nice ladyfish. Got tired of the wind and no trolling motor so I bailed after a couple hours.
[signature]
Looks like a great time minus the “W”. Are you sight fishing or blind casting to these fish?
[signature]
Blind casting yesterday, all depends on the water clarity and the tide, last week the water was low and clear and we could sight cast fish, day to day thing.
[signature]
Wind sucks, take from me...I live in Hurricane, lol! Glad you at least got on some fish.
[signature]
Nice Pomp, those are tasty actually. Were in FL are you? Are the trout in the really shallow grass flats this time of year I cant remember. Im in Sarasota for the weekend, my pall is a guide there. We are gonna do a little flyfishing in between his charters.
[signature]
I’m up in palm harbor, west of Tampa. Yes, lots of trout and reds on the flats.
[signature]