Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Game Processor in Northern Utah?
My Dad and I will be chasing Cow Elk here pretty soon, and have been trying to find a reliable/reputable game processor in the case we are successful but cannot do it ourselves. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Finding a quality processor who has room to fit you in can sometimes be a problem. I think your best bet is to be prepared to go to whomever can get you in so you dont loose that meat you worked so hard to get. 

I have gone to doing my own for this very reason. Purchased my own grinder, etc and yes its a lot of work, but i get ALL of my meat, cut out all the blue meat, grisle and such. 2 elk could cost you upwards of 500 to 600 dollars to process. Good luck on your hunt and then good luck finding a place to get you in.
Typically do my own now. In the past have used Davis Meats 1959 S 7500 W St, Ogden, UT 84404 (801) 731-7488
Have taken a couple of elk to C & S Meats, 4175 S 4300 W, Ogden, UT 84401 (801) 731-0345, Dealt with C & S a lot when we raised our own pork and beef.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
You could try Clay Meiers Game Processing in Draper. It's a bit of a drive for you but they do an excellent job and have no limit on the number of animals they do. Might be worth the drive. Good luck to you.

For you who live or hunt farther down south, I have been using Springville Meats and have been very happy with them.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(11-02-2021, 08:44 PM)Jonthecook Wrote: My Dad and I will be chasing Cow Elk here pretty soon, and have been trying to find a reliable/reputable game processor in the case we are successful but cannot do it ourselves. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

I do all my own game processing. I’m very picky about processors. With that being said a buddy harvested an elk on a CWMU IN Northern Ut. He dropped it off with
[font="Google Sans", Roboto-Medium, HelveticaNeue-Medium, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif-medium, Arial, sans-serif]Bingham's Custom Meats In Morgan ut. He was very pleased with the results. [/font]
Might check with them. He shared a few packages with me it was well wrapped and appeared to be well processed, he felt the cost was very fair. * note I know this was an earlier post but it popped up and I figured may help someone else as well.
Good luck
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
When my wife killed her bull moose a couple years ago we had it processed at Wilbur's meat processing in Henefer Ut. It is a husband and wife operation and they do a great job especially on the various sausages. We usually do our own wild game but do to them being located close to her hunting area and killing her bull in Sept. we opted to take him there. Crystal, Wilbur's  wife is also a great taxidermist and leather craft worker. Great friendly people.