Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting season is over
Filled my late season anterless tag yesterday in Colorado, was very dry and warm for this time of year until Thursday/Friday when we got a good dump of snow and the elk really started moving. Time to start thinking about ice fishing and getting gear ready for the soft water

[Image: 83079328-9-AAB-4-CF0-A386-EE10-DAF4892-A.jpg]
(12-12-2021, 10:40 PM)2knots Wrote: Filled my late season anterless tag yesterday in Colorado, was very dry and warm for this time of year until Thursday/Friday when we got a good dump of snow and the elk really started moving. Time to start thinking about ice fishing and getting gear ready for the soft water

Too bad you are not into waterfowl hunting, that is just getting started with northern flights starting to move again. Snow goose hunting goes into the first of March in both Utah and Idaho.
(12-13-2021, 12:21 AM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 10:40 PM)2knots Wrote: Filled my late season anterless tag yesterday in Colorado, was very dry and warm for this time of year until Thursday/Friday when we got a good dump of snow and the elk really started moving. Time to start thinking about ice fishing and getting gear ready for the soft water

Too bad you are not into waterfowl hunting, that is just getting started with northern flights starting to move again. Snow goose hunting goes into the first of March in both Utah and Idaho.
Used to hunt waterfowl a lot, but after moving to Utah haven’t taken the time to figure out the areas then lost my retriever last year so the motivation hasn’t resparked
Nice, lots of great meat there.

Congrats on finally getting that last animal, looks like it will be a good eater.
(12-15-2021, 09:36 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Congrats on finally getting that last animal, looks like it will be a good eater.

Thanks got it all processed yesterday, I like the young ones tender and easier to get out of the woods lol
(12-15-2021, 10:12 PM)2knots Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 09:36 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thanks got it all processed yesterday, I like the young ones tender and easier to get out of the woods lol

I hear you on the lighter ones being easier to get out of the woods and tender, win, win there.
Nice Work Alan. freezers full! now its time to start getting ready to apply again for next year.