Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Went back for a few hours this afternoon and caught a few nice sized perch along with some dinks, not red hot by the quality is good, fished off the swim beach, ice was 5”s and very slick, cleats are a must have. Edges are soft for about 5’ and about 10”s deep

[Image: 6-BA62-A25-72-F9-407-E-8-A9-E-D46-C5-BF0-F2-AB.jpg]
(01-13-2022, 11:42 PM)2knots Wrote: Went back for a few hours this afternoon and caught a few nice sized perch along with some dinks, not red hot by the quality is good, fished off the swim beach, ice was 5”s and very slick, cleats are a must have. Edges are soft for about 5’ and about 10”s deep

Nice looking perch Alan, were you fishing at the same depth as your last trip?
(01-14-2022, 01:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 11:42 PM)2knots Wrote: Went back for a few hours this afternoon and caught a few nice sized perch along with some dinks, not red hot by the quality is good, fished off the swim beach, ice was 5”s and very slick, cleats are a must have. Edges are soft for about 5’ and about 10”s deep

Yes, same spot and holes lol
Hopefully the holes had refrozen? I mean I hope the overnight temps up there are getting cold enough to make ice.
(01-14-2022, 02:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Hopefully the holes had refrozen? I mean I hope the overnight temps up there are getting cold enough to make ice.
I am not a big guy and got on with no breakthrough this morning, but was as described on way off at noon.  Forecast are few degrees warmer  next few nights and days so may be plank-on and plank-off time.  Probably not for me.   Slick indeed - watched sleds pulled by a snow dog pass the the dog sever times when got a bit out of line.  Entertaining diversion from the slow day for me.
(01-14-2022, 02:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Hopefully the holes had refrozen? I mean I hope the overnight temps up there are getting cold enough to make ice.

Yes they had, at this spot there was at least a 1/2” of new ice from Tuesday’s trip
(01-14-2022, 01:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

There are some decent perch up there in Hyrum.  I fish that several times a year on the ice.  Most days catch quite a few perch, some trout and even a SMB once in a while.  Good place to go for a good time.
(01-14-2022, 01:11 PM)2knots Wrote:

Yes they had, at this spot there was at least a 1/2” of new ice from Tuesday’s trip

Do you have any problems going through old holes like that?
(01-14-2022, 04:22 AM)smokepoles Wrote:
I am not a big guy and got on with no breakthrough this morning, but was as described on way off at noon.  Forecast are few degrees warmer  next few nights and days so may be plank-on and plank-off time.  Probably not for me.   Slick indeed - watched sleds pulled by a snow dog pass the the dog sever times when got a bit out of line.  Entertaining diversion from the slow day for me.

Thanks for the info and report, how deep of water were you fishing in?
(01-14-2022, 06:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 04:22 AM)smokepoles Wrote:

Thanks for the info and report, how deep of water were you fishing in?
I tried in and out - 12 - 25 FOW.  Just not much doing for me except few real dinks, deep or shallow, and almost imperceptable bite.  Heard was better last week Cool