Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in Posts
Has anyone notice a significant drop in posts this last fall and winter?
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Many more board members fish open water than ice. The dropoff in participation during winter reflects that. Heck, I only check the board out of habit in winter.
There are two different big drops during the year, the time between Fall and Winter, just before ice up, then again between Winter and Spring, as the ice is getting bad and the open water isn't quit here. Overall there was a big drop after the new site was launched but we have just about gain those numbers back now, along with the members we lost. Still a lot of the younger crowd would rather spend their time on Facebook and the forums they have there.
My posts drop way off during the winter cuz I don't ice fish.
But I do still check out what's being posted now and again.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
My decision to un-retire and start teaching at my local High School has significantly impacted my fish/post time. I jump on long enough each day to try to do my moderator duties. 

But I shall get more active once I establish a new rhythm with my schedule.

Till then I thrive off others successfully adventures and stories.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(01-14-2022, 02:25 PM)lakepowellnut Wrote: Has anyone notice a significant drop in posts this last fall and winter?

I lost my fire after having my monster perch pulled from last years fish contest that’s literally just for  pride.
dropping in
3 2 1
[Image: IMG_6647_zpsf08d0447.jpg?width=1920&heig...fit=bounds]
[Image: 20220115_121015.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
and one from my sponsor
[Image: IMG_3332_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
see ya when it melts
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
I do a lot of Facebook and computer games.
I can't really fish anymore (not by choice!) so there's no point in me being anywhere besides off topic, when I remember Wink