Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheating
Our 32 year old son just got a fish finder and on his first trip using it said "I feel like I'm cheating"
He is catching more fish though.

Kind of funny as I have had finders and have been using em for his whole life.  I guess this must show how selfish I have been with em.
I can recall his using em however.

Life is funny.
What is truly frustrating is when I get out fished by someone who is ice fishing without using a fish finder and I am using one. It has happened more than once.
(01-19-2022, 06:12 PM)PACMEN Wrote: Our 32 year old son just got a fish finder and on his first trip using it said "I feel like I'm cheating"

Kind of funny as I have had finders and have been using em for his whole life.  I guess this must show how selfish I have been with em.

Life is funny.

I just got my first reasonably useful one, a hand-held, cheap unit, but well-reviewed with lots of features.....

I wouldn't say cheating, but for some situations it took me from "struggling along" to "totally kicking butt".....
For many years I did just fine without a flasher, but then my brother had one and at least helped me get to the right depth. A couple of years ago I got a good flasher and it has been a blast using it. I'm sure I improved my catch rate and it is just plain fun. When I was in the process of buying it my wife said it was cheating. I asked someone about that and he said, "Yeah, you can see where the fish are but you still have to catch them." I recently told someone to get one because they are game-changers. Even one that told you nothing but depth would be helpful.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-19-2022, 08:39 PM)catchinon Wrote: For many years I did just fine without a flasher, but then my brother had one and at least helped me get to the right depth. A couple of years ago I got a good flasher and it has been a blast using it. I'm sure I improved my catch rate and it is just plain fun. When I was in the process of buying it my wife said it was cheating. I asked someone about that and he said, "Yeah, you can see where the fish are but you still have to catch them." I recently told someone to get one because they are game-changers. Even one that told you nothing but depth would be helpful.
 Just so!

It helps me find the depth at which the crappies are suspended at Pineview, for instance, so I'm sure I have my bait in their face instead of just below them.
(01-19-2022, 07:53 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 06:12 PM)PACMEN Wrote: Our 32 year old son just got a fish finder and on his first trip using it said "I feel like I'm cheating"

Life is funny.

I just got my first reasonably useful one, a hand-held, cheap unit, but well-reviewed with lots of features.....

I wouldn't say cheating, but for some situations it took me from "struggling along" to "totally kicking butt".....

(01-19-2022, 08:39 PM)catchinon Wrote: For many years I did just fine without a flasher, but then my brother had one and at least helped me get to the right depth. A couple of years ago I got a good flasher and it has been a blast using it. I'm sure I improved my catch rate and it is just plain fun. When I was in the process of buying it my wife said it was cheating. I asked someone about that and he said, "Yeah, you can see where the fish are but you still have to catch them." I recently told someone to get one because they are game-changers. Even one that told you nothing but depth would be helpful.

Yep, can still see them, but can't make them bite, helps alot. Couple years ago I wasn't seeing anything, but soon as that jig stopped fish came in and the bite was so soft it didn't move the rod.
A cheater am I
(01-20-2022, 03:51 AM)EyLayo Wrote: A cheater am I

Me to,  but what would you call Liketrolling?
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I’ll call him “well informed “