Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC ice?
Does anyone have good, solid information about ice at Deer Creek? I saw a picture from a person who was reporting on fishing in open water. I don't know where the picture was taken but it showed a couple of red shelters on ice near shore. Anyone know where there is safe ice there?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Sunday when I went by with my boat coming from jordy, the was 3 boats on the north end, could not see any save ice unless you are a duck.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(01-19-2022, 11:08 PM)catchinon Wrote: Does anyone have good, solid information about ice at Deer Creek? I saw a picture from a person who was reporting on fishing in open water. I don't know where the picture was taken but it showed a couple of red shelters on ice near shore. Anyone know where there is safe ice there?

Are you talking about this pic Craig.

[Image: MSM1970.jpg]
(01-20-2022, 01:24 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 11:08 PM)catchinon Wrote: Does anyone have good, solid information about ice at Deer Creek? I saw a picture from a person who was reporting on fishing in open water. I don't know where the picture was taken but it showed a couple of red shelters on ice near shore. Anyone know where there is safe ice there?

That picture doesn't look like Deer Creek to me. I fished it in my boat Saturday and drove by Monday and the skim ice had grown but as has been said, the only thing on it was ducks and geese.

that looks like jordy lookin towards provo inlet Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
(01-20-2022, 01:41 AM)MSM1970 Wrote:

It's the one you took but it's the only one I've seen anyone post lately that looked like what catchinon was talking about, I think he just got the location wrong, unless it was posted on another web site or earlier this year.
(01-20-2022, 02:29 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 01:41 AM)MSM1970 Wrote:

It's the one you took but it's the only one I've seen anyone post lately that looked like what catchinon was talking about, I think he just got the location wrong, unless it was posted on another web site or earlier this year.

To much of the hard deck, Wink maybe,  he forgot what the soft stuff is, Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
Okay, I got it wrong. I thought I might be Confused but I wasn't sure. Still want to know about DC.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Deer Creek does not have any safe ice at this moment drove by today on my way to Utah Lake almost capped but many open spots still.