Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.5 Creedmoor ammo?
My son took my 12 y.o. granddaughter elk hunting this fall. He set her up with a 6.5 Creedmoor but the only ammo we could find at that time was pretty generic stuff. Anybody know where we might get something more appropriate for elk? We would like something along the lines of something with 140 grain premium bullets. Can anyone help find such that we can buy now in the off-season?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good luck, seems to be a pretty popular caliber, I've been looking everywhere I go and haven't been able to find any, not even online.
HORNADY ELDx are really good, ELDm will hold a better group, Im shooting a 6.5PRC, creed has a lot better selection, I would look online, ore you have to hit the stores weekly to find any bullets,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks, Mike. What stores would you suggest beside Sportsman's, Cabela's and Gunnies?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-25-2022, 10:05 PM)catchinon Wrote: Thanks, Mike. What stores would you suggest beside Sportsman's, Cabela's and Gunnies?
CAL RANCH there in spanish fork,  but you might have to order online

They get delivery's a couple times a week.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I'd check midway USA, I've been watching there, some places online won't deliver, but they will, cal ranch may get some in ours had a lot of ammo a week ago, just none I was looking for.
(01-25-2022, 02:46 PM)catchinon Wrote: My son took my 12 y.o. granddaughter elk hunting this fall. He set her up with a 6.5 Creedmoor but the only ammo we could find at that time was pretty generic stuff. Anybody know where we might get something more appropriate for elk? We would like something along the lines of something with 140 grain premium bullets. Can anyone help find such that we can buy now in the off-season?

Buy a set of reloading dies currently you can get them for under $40 delivered they are in stock at several sites.

Nosler 140 Grain Partition  or preferred premium bullet Less than $1.00 per round . Available now

Primers .10 per round

Powder under $50/pound less than .40 per round (tough to get now)

Would love to have you over to load them up

Load your own for less than $1.50 per shot compared to $3.00-$5.00 for factory ammo.
The only thing is getting the right powder currently but planning this far out should be doable. Save up your brass.
I've thought about reloading, I see alot of that is hard to find, might have to start buying some stuff.
Primers are what is hard to find at the moment unless you don't mind paying through the nose for them.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(01-27-2022, 02:52 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Primers are what is hard to find at the moment unless you don't mind paying through the nose for them.

The new price at retail around $80/K KSL $100
When you get old and go through a couple shortages you learn to stock up when avaliable. First shortage I went through was the first Gulf war. After a year and a half of no primers I learned and when they came back in stock took to care of it for life. Back then primers could be bought on sale for $14.95 to $19.95/ thousand. Worry solved. Same with powder. Used to load all different sizes and types of bullets for each rifle. Finally settled on one projectile and powder for each rifle and made sure I had enough to not worry about what we are going through right now.
(01-26-2022, 05:02 PM)lifeshort Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 02:46 PM)catchinon Wrote: My son took my 12 y.o. granddaughter elk hunting this fall. He set her up with a 6.5 Creedmoor but the only ammo we could find at that time was pretty generic stuff. Anybody know where we might get something more appropriate for elk? We would like something along the lines of something with 140 grain premium bullets. Can anyone help find such that we can buy now in the off-season?

Buy a set of reloading dies currently you can get them for under $40 delivered they are in stock at several sites.

Nosler 140 Grain Partition  or preferred premium bullet Less than $1.00 per round . Available now

Primers .10 per round

Load your own for less than $1.50 per shot compared to $3.00-$5.00 for factory ammo.
The only thing is getting the right powder currently but planning this far out should be doable. Save up your brass.

That sounds great. Where do you live? Can you buy brass? They live a ways from here and may not have shot much or kept the cases.

(01-27-2022, 02:10 PM)catchinon Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 05:02 PM)lifeshort Wrote:

Primers .10 per round

That sounds great. Where do you live? Can you buy brass? They live a ways from here and may not have shot much or kept the cases.

will pm