Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo River... Resort?
I guess... if you're into 2-star resorts.

I returned to river fishing this winter (after 3 year hiatus) only to find that the best stretch of water on the Lower Provo River is now privately owned (as of 2020) with "NO TRESPASSING" signs plastered all over it?

That's... unfortunate. Angry
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
That's Sad...I remember in the 90's you could fish practically the entire lower Provo stretch, and there were some big old browns in there. Now days it's slowly being closed off to the public, and on top of that you have to deal with constant tubers and trash flowing down stream. Really unfortunate.
(02-07-2022, 08:32 PM)richyd4u Wrote: That's Sad...I remember in the 90's you could fish practically the entire lower Provo stretch, and there were some big old browns in there. Now days it's slowly being closed off to the public, and on top of that you have to deal with constant tubers and trash flowing down stream. Really unfortunate.

I'm more surprised at how quietly it all happened. IMO - this is the premiere stretch of a borderline "destination" trout river. All those "hero shots" of big rainbows from the Provo River over the years... huge chunk of those came from this area and now it is privately owned?

Sad indeed. Glad I switched to lakes and wishing now I would have stayed a retired river angler.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring