Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor tune up?
I have a nice 20hp Honda 4 stroke, I bought it last year used and just went straight into using it. Before we get going for this year id like to have it tuned up, oil change, lower unit oil change, new spark plugs, carb cleaning... curios if anyone here does that or knows someone who can, I just don't have the time to figure it out at the moment. It runs fine but would like to keep it running good with preventative maintenance.
(03-30-2022, 01:20 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I have a nice 20hp Honda 4 stroke, I bought it last year used and just went straight into using it. Before we get going for this year id like to have it tuned up, oil change, lower unit oil change, new spark plugs, carb cleaning... curios if anyone here does that or knows someone who can, I just don't have the time to figure it out at the moment. It runs fine but would like to keep it running good with preventative maintenance.

I've always used Lee's Marine in Hyrum. He does good work and doesn't try and rip you off.
(03-30-2022, 01:27 PM)R72Mike Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:20 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I have a nice 20hp Honda 4 stroke, I bought it last year used and just went straight into using it. Before we get going for this year id like to have it tuned up, oil change, lower unit oil change, new spark plugs, carb cleaning... curios if anyone here does that or knows someone who can, I just don't have the time to figure it out at the moment. It runs fine but would like to keep it running good with preventative maintenance.

I've always used Lee's Marine in Hyrum. He does good work and doesn't try and rip you off.
I'm clear out in grantsvile so hoping someone around tooele,salt lake, utah County, I can either bring it to them or they can come to my house and work on it.
(03-30-2022, 02:35 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote:

I'm clear out in grantsvile so hoping someone around tooele,salt lake, utah County, I can either bring it to them or they can come to my house and work on it.
Hey Neighbor! It's really easy to do the maintenance on them. I understand being busy but nothing like doing it yourself to make sure it's done right and gives you the knowledge to work on them when you get in a bind. But as far as taking it to someone you better hurry they are probably getting booked out big time already with spring coming. If you get the manual I would be happy to do this maintenance out here in Tooele.
(03-31-2022, 05:33 PM)fishinfool Wrote:

Hey Neighbor! It's really easy to do the maintenance on them. I understand being busy but nothing like doing it yourself to make sure it's done right and gives you the knowledge to work on them when you get in a bind. But as far as taking it to someone you better hurry they are probably getting booked out big time already with spring coming. If you get the manual I would be happy to do this maintenance out here in Tooele.

I have the owner manual for the motor along with a brand new drive shaft or something in a box for it not really sure. But send me your number and I'd be glad to pay ya to fixer up for me. Doing concrete spring time has everyone wanting patios to enjoy this summer so im just super slammed and my free time id rather not be working on a motor especially since I just spent all my free time working on the transom.  Big Grin
(03-31-2022, 07:40 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote:

I have the owner manual for the motor along with a brand new drive shaft or something in a box for it not really sure. But send me your number and I'd be glad to pay ya to fixer up for me. Doing concrete spring time has everyone wanting patios to enjoy this summer so im just super slammed and my free time id rather not be working on a motor especially since I just spent all my free time working on the transom.  Big Grin

It is a HONDA. It will go forever if you do nothingSmile Big Grin
(03-31-2022, 11:35 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:27 PM)R72Mike Wrote: I've always used Lee's Marine in Hyrum. He does good work and doesn't try and rip you off.

Right! I agree with this comment. LOL.
(04-01-2022, 01:58 PM)fishinfool Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 11:35 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 02:35 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I'm clear out in grantsvile so hoping someone around tooele,salt lake, utah County, I can either bring it to them or they can come to my house and work on it.

Right! I agree with this comment. LOL.

No No No. 4 strokes need there maintenance. now if it was a 2 stroke like my merc, well. If there is synthetic in the upper, you will be ok for awhile, but you really need to check that lower unit. It could be dry or have water in it. do not neglect that lower unit. been there, done that!