Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality over Quantity this year at Ririe
Yesterday afternoon and this morning is the first time I got out to Ririe the year, the fish are the biggest I have seen them with most right at 16” compared with to 12-14” most years. The last few years I have come to expect to easily catch a three man limit of 45 fish every morning, but this year we really had to work for them. You saw that Randy and I got 6 averaging 1 fish per hour in the afternoon. We did better this morning catching 14 averaging 1 fish every 24 minutes. I think there is fewer fish this year and they are scattered but the fishing should pick up when they start migrating towards the Juniper launch ramp and schooling up later this month into August 40’ was our most productive depth going 1.3-1.6 mph. I tried a new to me set up this morning that caught 9 of our 14 kokes this morning it is a small pink spin and glow in front of a pink plankton hoochie  behind a glow pink and white RMT 4.5” sling blade. Those 16” put up a great fight and I’m looking forward to filling the cooler once they school up in August.
[Image: BB1-E0-ACE-56-C8-423-E-85-BA-B646-F27-F6255.jpg]

[Image: 1-D268437-DCD3-4609-948-D-90108-AF3456-C.jpg]
Thanks for the info. Great looking fish and for a pic of what you were using. Sounds like hope for those who havent gotten out. I'm still on the downside trying to get out due to my health so you and Randy make me a bit jealous lol. Those are some fatties for sure and some of the biggest Ive seen for a long time. Lines tight and keep the love coming Smile
Nice haul Shawn, those are some nice kokes. Is that the same set up as you use at The Berry?
(07-17-2022, 03:27 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice haul Shawn, those are some nice kokes. Is that the same set up as you use at The Berry?

I have had the sling blade and used it at the Berry but the spin and glow hoochie combo I used for the first time yesterday I’m going to get some more and try them at the Berry.
Nice haul, had to come check out the threads after our conversation today.
Nice, can't wait to get some through the ice this winter.
Nice job guys
Beautiful!