Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.300 Winchester Magnum ammo search
I'm looking for some .300 WM ammo for elk hunting so I'm looking for something with controlled expansion bullets. I've been using Trophy Bonded Bear Claws but my supply is low. I'd also like to find something that won't break the bank. The only cartridges they have at Provo Sportsman's are Bergers at $80. Not sure I can trust them; anybody have experience with them? Anyway if anyone knows where I can beg, borrow or buy such cartridges I would appreciate knowing about it. Thanks for any help you can provide.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

There's a few options online at sportsmans warehouse and Midway Usa.
(09-19-2022, 01:23 AM)catchinon Wrote: I'm looking for some .300 WM ammo for elk hunting so I'm looking for something with controlled expansion bullets. I've been using Trophy Bonded Bear Claws but my supply is low. I'd also like to find something that won't break the bank. The only cartridges they have at Provo Sportsman's are Bergers at $80. Not sure I can trust them; anybody have experience with them? Anyway if anyone knows where I can beg, borrow or buy such cartridges I would appreciate knowing about it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I bought a couple boxes 300 WinMag shells for my upcoming buffalo hunt online a few months ago, Barnes Vortex 180 grain and a box of Nosler Trophy grade 190 grain i didnt have any problem finding them.
Were you going to hunt buffalo? I've seen some options online, if I hadn't sent mine north with my boy I'd give someone the shells I had .
If you still want some ammo there is a bunch on the shelf in the sportsman's warehouse in Heber.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(09-21-2022, 09:55 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:23 AM)catchinon Wrote: I'm looking for some .300 WM ammo for elk hunting so I'm looking for something with controlled expansion bullets. I've been using Trophy Bonded Bear Claws but my supply is low. I'd also like to find something that won't break the bank. The only cartridges they have at Provo Sportsman's are Bergers at $80. Not sure I can trust them; anybody have experience with them? Anyway if anyone knows where I can beg, borrow or buy such cartridges I would appreciate knowing about it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I bought a couple boxes 300 WinMag shells for my upcoming buffalo hunt online a few months ago, Barnes Vortex 180 grain and a box of Nosler Trophy grade 190 grain i didnt have any problem finding them.

The Barnes Vortex 180 grain did a great job, the cow was moving with the herd i took her thru the RH shoulder at 75 yards it exited the left side after going thru both lungs. Very happy with the bullet performance.