Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi-Pod
I'm looking for recommendations for a quality bi-pod. I see they range in price from very affordable to near $500. I would like to put it on my muzzleloader and possibly have the option to swap between guns based on which season I'm in. I have never owned one so those of you with experience with them, what should I look for when buying? Thank You and happy hunting.
Get one you can sit or lay down behind. One that easily attaches to a sling swivel stud are easy to swap around to different guns.
I just ordered a Hatch bipod from Dayton Idaho after getting to see 1 while at the range last Saturday, has enough adjustment to let you shoot off a bench, prone or sitting. They attach via a picatinny rail which you can get extra rails for other guns as needed. I currently have a couple of Harris bipods but they are pretty much 1 dimensional, buy 1 for bench or prone but need a taller one for sitting
Nice, that sounds like a good deal, can't remember what ones I had, but being able to use them for multiple positions was nice, so how does the rail attach to the rifle?
(10-12-2022, 12:13 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, that sounds like a good deal, can't remember what ones I had, but being able to use them for multiple positions was nice, so how does the rail attach to the rifle?

It hasn’t arrived yet so from what I saw uses the sling mount hole to bolt the rail to the stock

https://www.hatchoutwest.com/shop-products/
(10-11-2022, 06:59 PM)4thekids Wrote: I'm looking for recommendations for a quality bi-pod. I see they range in price from very affordable to near $500. I would like to put it on my muzzleloader and possibly have the option to swap between guns based on which season I'm in. I have never owned one so those of you with experience with them, what should I look for when buying? Thank You and happy hunting.

Warne's Skyline Precision Bipod is my favorite. All can be operated with one hand while behind the rifle, raising elevation, lowering elevation, changing angle of the bipod, adjusting tension for pan and tilt if you desire. It's rock solid!