Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Anyone been to lost creek lately?
Went today, ice is 8”. Snow is minimal on the ice. Fishing was ok.
(12-30-2022, 11:51 PM)Rainbowglitter Wrote: Went today, ice is 8”. Snow is minimal on the ice. Fishing was ok.

Did you catch any over the slot fish  ???
(12-30-2022, 11:51 PM)Rainbowglitter Wrote: Went today, ice is 8”. Snow is minimal on the ice. Fishing was ok.

Did you get on the ice at the dam or by the ramp?
Awesome thank you for the report. I plan on going Monday. If I do I will post how it went
(12-31-2022, 05:35 PM)Amn Wrote: Awesome thank you for the report. I plan on going Monday. If I do I will post how it went

I'll look forward to that report, we are talking about heading up there early next week as well. Hope this warm weather hasn't destroyed the ice there.
None over the slot. Parked at the damn.
(01-01-2023, 04:51 AM)Rainbowglitter Wrote: None over the slot. Parked at the damn.

Possible to get a car near the dam? How's road? Thanks
I'm worried about the road going up there after you take the Croydon exit. I'm headed up there first thing in the morning. If it's too bad, probably just turn around and go to echo. But I am hoping to get up there. I will post how my trip went when I get home.
(01-02-2023, 01:13 AM)Amn Wrote: I'm worried about the road going up there after you take the Croydon exit. I'm headed up there first thing in the morning.  If it's too bad, probably just turn around and go to echo. But I am hoping to get up there.  I will post how my trip went when I get home.

They plow the road to the dam, so you should be ok. Good luck, it will be interesting to hear the conditions up there.
Good to hear they plowed the road. Guess just depends how much snow accumulates between now and early am. But definitely excited to get out.
I would also like to hear about your trip to lost Creek.
We went and fished this morning. Lots of snow getting in and it snowed a good 4 inches while we up there but yes they plowed the road. No problem getting in but I probably wouldn't take a car. Lots of slush and water on the ice 5 inches of ice on dam end. Fishing was average. We caught 10 a piece 20 fish day with one over the slot. Caught cutts, rainbows, splake and one tiger
(01-02-2023, 03:46 AM)Wasatchmuley Wrote: We went and fished this morning. Lots of snow getting in and it snowed a good 4 inches while we up there but yes they plowed the road. No problem getting in but I probably wouldn't take a car. Lots of slush and water on the ice 5 inches of ice on dam end. Fishing was average. We caught 10 a piece 20 fish day with one over the slot. Caught cutts, rainbows, splake and one tiger

Thanks for that report, glad you confirmed the road is plowed. Good to read you did so good too. Were there any folks driving past the ramp today?
Well I went up to Lost Creek today. Fished for about hour and had to leave. Started feeling a little under the weather. Marked tons of fish on the fish finder and missed a few in that hour. The slush is horrible, I would have to say a good 4 inches.

FYI you can't get up there taking the Croydon exit you have to take Henefer exit and follow the back road. I totally forgot they had that closed until I took Croydon exit this morning.
(01-02-2023, 05:15 PM)Amn Wrote: Well I went up to Lost Creek today. Fished for about hour and had to leave. Started feeling a little under the weather. Marked tons of fish on the fish finder and missed a few in that hour. The slush is horrible,  I would have to say a good  4 inches.

I guess you fished by the dam? Did you notice anyone driving across the dam to tha back? Too bad you didn't do better, hopefully you feel better soon but thanks for the report. Thanks for the reminder on the Croydon exit being closed.
Yes I was by the dam. Didn't see anyone trying to head to the back. Looked a little sketchy to me
(01-02-2023, 05:32 PM)Amn Wrote: Yes I was by the dam. Didn't see anyone trying to head to the back. Looked a little sketchy to me

Thanks for the added info.
(01-02-2023, 05:32 PM)Amn Wrote: Yes I was by the dam. Didn't see anyone trying to head to the back. Looked a little sketchy to me

Did you have any problems getting on the ice? Like soft edges?
Slush wasn't a problem today. 5-6 of good ice, a little bit of cloudy, then a few inches of new snow on top. Dam access was good. A little soft edge, but a big step got you past it. Or you can use the plank that someone left. Parking lot had been plowed previously, but not in the last little bit. Snow plow pushed piles across the dam road, you'd have to be pretty adventurous to cross.
[Image: 20230106-140251.jpg]