Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
Me and some friends are heading to Chesterfield this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any current conditions?
Haven't seen much on it or american falls anywhere.
A friend of mine fished it yesterday. 18 inches of ice. He caught fish and marked them regularly on his flasher. Lazy_bass, Me and some friends will be there Saturday. Come meet me. I will have my dog, a gray Weimaraner.
(01-05-2023, 03:33 PM)fast_randy Wrote: A friend of mine fished it yesterday. 18 inches of ice. He caught fish and marked them regularly on his flasher. Lazy_bass, Me and some friends will be there Saturday. Come meet me. I will have my dog, a gray Weimaraner.

Looking forward to hearing how you did Randy. 18" of ice, that's crazy.
I did get there Saturday, along with hundreds of others. Fishing is slow. Out of 7 of us only 3 fish hooked. Two around 1 1/2 pounds. But Scott did hook onto a big one. It was a fight. He somehow got the tail up first through 20" of ice. But his son Ruland couldn't grab it and it went back down, then they broke the line. It had a good tail, not one of those 5 pound planter fish they dumped in this fall with the back tail wore off. they were all caught with a piece of cooked shrimp. I had one small bite all day.
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I did get there Saturday, along with hundreds of others. Fishing is slow. Out of 7 of us only 3 fish hooked. Two around 1 1/2 pounds. But Scott did hook onto a big one. It was a fight. He somehow got the tail up first through 20" of ice. But his son Ruland couldn't grab it and it went back down, then they broke the line. It had a good tail, not one of those 5 pound planter fish they dumped in this fall with the back tail wore off. they were all caught with a piece of cooked shrimp. I had one small bite all day.

Well that's too bad it slowed down so much, good to hear there are still some big ones in there though. How were the edges and was there any slush?
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I did get there Saturday, along with hundreds of others. Fishing is slow. Out of 7 of us only 3 fish hooked. Two around 1 1/2 pounds. But Scott did hook onto a big one. It was a fight. He somehow got the tail up first through 20" of ice. But his son Ruland couldn't grab it and it went back down, then they broke the line. It had a good tail, not one of those 5 pound planter fish they dumped in this fall with the back tail wore off. they were all caught with a piece of cooked shrimp. I had one small bite all day.

So bait can be used now at Treasureton?

Special Rules
[b]Treasureton Reservoir [/b]
(05-06-2023, 04:08 PM)lightbringer Wrote:

Special Rules
Treasureton, maybe I missed that but this thread is about Chesterfield, not Teasureton.
(05-06-2023, 04:27 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 04:08 PM)lightbringer Wrote:

Special Rules
Treasureton, maybe I missed that but this thread is about Chesterfield, not Teasureton.

Thank you, I’m new to this area. I get those two mixed up.