Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 3-11
Just got home from Echo. Caught three 14" bow's. Got there about 8:30 . took two hours to get there from Magna. 20 mph all the way up till the Park City exit. Skiers. Fell on the icy side of the ramp. Ouch. Edges were good. Not much snow on the ice. Where there was snow, crunched through about 4". Moved to the icy side and it was fine. No action on the bottom for perch. Caught the bows between 12 and 16 feet down. Sun melted the icy parts when I left. Been in worse. Going to San Diego for a couple of weeks. Probably the last ice fishing trip this year. Three fish this trip matches what I caught there all season.
(03-11-2023, 10:37 PM)2021ang Wrote: Just got home from Echo. Caught three 14" bow's. Got there about 8:30 . took two hours to get there from Magna. 20 mph all the way up till the Park City exit. Skiers. Fell on the icy side of the ramp. Ouch. Edges were good. Not much snow on the ice. Where there was snow, crunched through about 4". Moved to the icy side and it was fine. No action on the bottom for perch. Caught the bows between 12 and 16 feet down. Sun melted the icy parts when I left. Been in worse. Going to San Diego for a couple of weeks. Probably the last ice fishing trip this year. Three fish this trip matches what I caught there all season.

Any slush at all and there is no water on the edges? Thanks
Was sitting next to a group at lunch who had a similar tale to tell - that being not much to tell. Sure a beautiful day to check on all the bull elk hanging out by the dam, though.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-12-2023, 02:39 AM)Addicted2eyes Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:37 PM)2021ang Wrote: Just got home from Echo. Caught three 14" bow's. Got there about 8:30 . took two hours to get there from Magna. 20 mph all the way up till the Park City exit. Skiers. Fell on the icy side of the ramp. Ouch. Edges were good. Not much snow on the ice. Where there was snow, crunched through about 4". Moved to the icy side and it was fine. No action on the bottom for perch. Caught the bows between 12 and 16 feet down. Sun melted the icy parts when I left. Been in worse. Going to San Diego for a couple of weeks. Probably the last ice fishing trip this year. Three fish this trip matches what I caught there all season.

Any slush at all and there is no water on the edges? Thanks
Just a couple of inches when I was leaving. Not bad. I looked like the was some soft edges but the side of the ramp I went off was fine.

(03-12-2023, 02:43 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Was sitting next to a group at lunch who had a similar tale to tell - that being not much to tell. Sure a beautiful day to check on all the bull elk hanging out by the dam, though.

stopped to see them on my way home. There were some muley's were hanging with them. A bigger herd with bigger bulls in the fields just past the Wanship exit head back toward Park City. And it was a beautiful day!!