Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Spring Challenge SkunkedAgain
This will be my collection of posts for the contest.  J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
4-11-23
Cutler
Channel cat 26.5”

[Image: 2-A2-A94-E4-E565-41-AA-A326-46-C2-B91-E9-B82.jpg]
Great start for the contest and the Cat-agory Jeff! Good for 26.5 points.
4-15-23
Cutler
Channel cat. 27”

[Image: B3507-FA0-6-B9-F-4575-A741-DE2-C7-EBDA4-EE.jpg]
Nice Cat Jeff, looks really healthy. Good for 27 points
May 5-23
Cutler
Carp 19.5”

[Image: 5-A6-D1-DC8-82-A2-42-C6-A663-D89-E3-D1-DB7-EA.jpg]
Hey Jeff, 

Looks good at 19.5 points. You seem to have a better handle on those scaly beasts that I do. I catch the most trips by accident, but if I try to catch them on purpose, its like targeting walleye.
Thanks for scoring that one Jim, and I think I'm more like you on catching carp they are usually by catches for me as well... I did have a big second one on that trip, it took off in a steak sideways to me and I could see the big side view as it broke the surface of the water, but it quickly shook off my hook somehow and was gone... had a nice cat do the same thing earlier that day... I must have been doing some thing wrong as easy as those two got away... Don't think I ever really had a hook set on either of them, more like they were just holding it in their mouths until they decided to let go... Was fun to get out, I still like catching fish even if they are too small to bump my score... I think I lose track on how big most of these cats are that are being entered in the contest. I got a couple 24"ers and thought both of them were big fish until I put them on the bump board and seen they were a long ways under what I was looking for... but I had fun catching them... I think I'm having more fun this year than usual on the contest, it doesn't seem to be as much work as it did before, I'm just having fun catching fish and I like that... Thanks again for getting it scored for me... J
6-16-23
Cutler
Bullhead catfish 8.0”

[Image: BC1-B0486-9-E91-42-F6-A6-F0-CE9-CF0653-DC6.jpg]