Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ice off
(05-13-2023, 04:00 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I think fishing should start picking up a little here soon.

I will let you know I think I'm going to try it tomorrow. I just can't decide where to go. I want to try Willard and see if I can't coax a Wiper or crappie into biting or go back to Twin and see if I can't catch a big rainbow or two. What do ya'll think?
Hmmm, tough choice, I do believe Willard is starting to fish pretty decent no.
(05-14-2023, 02:15 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 04:00 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I think fishing should start picking up a little here soon.

I will let you know I think I'm going to try it tomorrow. I just can't decide where to go. I want to try Willard and see if I can't coax a Wiper or crappie into biting or go back to Twin and see if I can't catch a big rainbow or two. What do ya'll think?

I guess it depends on how far you want to drive. Fishing from shore for wipers was pretty good a few weeks ago, during their false spawn but people catch wipers from shore all Summer using mussels, so I'd say it's possible to catch them and as you said, the crappie could be near the shore too, if you find the right location. With the day use permits, to get in the park, being so high now, lots of people are choosing to park in other locations around the lake that don't require a permit.  Two of those spots are the parking area South of Freeway bay and the one at the SW corner and all along the West dike to the Light pole. Hope this helps and good luck, no matter where you end up going.