Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galveston Bay Fishing Report 4-24-24
 It has been a little bit of a roller coaster ride so far this spring. The weather has been cooler and a little bit windier than most springs. This causes the fishing to be inconsistent because the fish start to move around more than usual. Plus it causes the water to get rough and dirty, which speckled trout do not like.
 Of course when the weather has been good and we have had lower winds, the fishing has been great. We are catching lots of healthy speckled trout and some nice slot reds. We have been catching some nice drum and a few flounder also. I have been using live shrimp, fished under a popping cork for my best results.
 Once the wind dies down a bit and it stops raining so much, the fishing will rebound and get a lot more consistent. Right now I am moving around trying different areas that are protected from the wind and have clean water. Finding the clear water and fishing certain areas on an incoming or outgoing tide has been the key to catching more and better fish. Until next time, I will see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
Galveston Fishing Guides
Galveston Fishing Charters
Thanks for the report, sounds like the same weather pattern we are seeing around here, with the same muddy water, and colder temps resulting in poorer catching, it's reassuring to hear others are in the same boat. Good fishing to you and your clients.