Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River Cats
Went out to the Bear River the other day to see if I could find some takers. Had to buy some sucker meat as the carp were not out to play. After fishing a few spots I finally dialed it in. Ended up with 3 cats. The biggest of which being a 29”er. I forgot my tape so I ended up measuring it out against my fishing rod and measuring when I got home. First trip of the year was a success!

[Image: D248-C639-ADEF-404-C-ADB7-AC4-E5412-F2-B3.jpg]

That is a great Cat. Nice start to the season. I am going to send you a PM about how to add photos. The method you used takes up a lot of memory, so we are not suppose to do it that way. No biggie. I will send you the method do you can fix it. Cheers
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great fish, you fishing the Bear in Cache Valley or Box Elder? I'm not very good at reading the mountains to tell which ones are behind you... How big were the other fish? Don't remember if you're signed up in the contest this year or not, but if you're catching fish like that you ought to be signed up and entering them... Great start to the season... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for sharing the report and picture, that is a great cat1  Glad you had a good first outing.
(04-26-2023, 04:06 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: That is a great Cat. Nice start to the season. I am going to send you a PM about how to add photos. The method you used takes up a lot of memory, so we are not suppose to do it that way. No biggie. I will send you the method do you can fix it. Cheers

Thanks! I just updated it!

(04-26-2023, 01:41 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Great fish, you fishing the Bear in Cache Valley or Box Elder?  I'm not very good at reading the mountains to tell which ones are behind you... How big were the other fish? Don't remember if you're signed up in the contest this year or not, but if you're catching fish like that you ought to be signed up and entering them... Great start to the season... Jeff

I’ll be joining the contest soon! I’m in the cache valley side, I’ve lucked in to a few big cats and walleye in the bear! Here’s some photos of them! 

[Image: 10-C76-E55-B310-4178-89-E5-FE67-DFB9924-C.jpg]

[Image: 4090-E805-9-AA9-41-B1-8-AA1-931299-D8-DD71.jpg]

[Image: 5-F0-DE095-81-DA-4-EDB-A02-C-6-B0-E877549-FC.jpg]

(04-26-2023, 03:27 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Thanks for sharing the report and picture, that is a great cat1  Glad you had a good first outing.

Thanks!
Looks like you're fishing just north and east of me... Like within 5 minutes from my place... Cool deal, I really wanted to go out tonight, but working on getting my new motor mounted, so I need to get that done before I go try to play again,... Figure the cats will be getting going good here in the next few days... Hope I get a chance to get out and try it... Good luck to you and sign up for the contest today and print the placard so you don't miss getting those big ones on the board... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!