Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big game applications
Don't forget that big game applications are due by 11:00 tonight. I'm posting here because I'm afraid few people will see it in time if I post on Hunting and Shooting. I've spaced it before and could have used a reminder. Good luck to everyone.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I just finished mine, man this really hurt to just do a bonus point this year... I never draw out anyway, but since I have too much on my plate this fall already, I didn't dare take a chance and finally draw my elk tag but not be able to go... I did put in for moose since the odds are never with me there... Watch me draw that one and not have time to hunt properly... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-27-2023, 05:42 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I just finished mine, man this really hurt to just do a bonus point this year... I never draw out anyway, but since I have too much on my plate this fall already, I didn't dare take a chance and finally draw my elk tag but not be able to go... I did put in for moose since the odds are never with me there... Watch me draw that one and not have time to hunt properly... Later J

Well if you get drawn for the area we chatted about you’ll have eyes and company on the ground  Big Grin
With the winter we just experienced I decided to just do points across the board in Utah. I have a Deer Combo tag for Montana this year so im not going without. I have officially now 25 points for Moose. I m hoping its not many more years away. I should most likely be officially retired by the time I draw that tag and can spend the biggest majority of the hunt in the hills when I finally hit the lottery. A friend of mine drew the area i put in for with 24 points this past year. This leaves me thinking im getting close. I will just look forward to chasing a whitetail in Montana this year. The area I hunt deer in in The northern Unit was just really starting to show some promise this past season. While on the hunt this past season,  we seen an unusual amount of fork horn bucks and was excited for the next few years. But, im sure after the winter we experienced and the four dead deer on our property at Bear lake its gonna be a few years. 

I additionally hope they really cut back on the number of tags issued in the Northern part of the state. Good luck to all those that apply!
(04-30-2023, 07:53 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: With the winter we just experienced I decided to just do points across the board in Utah. I have a Deer Combo tag for Montana this year so im not going without. I have officially now 25 points for Moose. I m hoping its not many more years away. I should most likely be officially retired by the time I draw that tag and can spend the biggest majority of the hunt in the hills when I finally hit the lottery. A friend of mine drew the area i put in for with 24 points this past year. This leaves me thinking im getting close. I will just look forward to chasing a whitetail in Montana this year. The area I hunt deer in in The northern Unit was just really starting to show some promise this past season. While on the hunt this past season,  we seen an unusual amount of fork horn bucks and was excited for the next few years. But, im sure after the winter we experienced and the four dead deer on our property at Bear lake its gonna be a few years. 

I additionally hope they really cut back on the number of tags issued in the Northern part of the state. Good luck to all those that apply!

My oldest son has 25 points going into this years moose hunt, I'm hoping he will draw, he just turned 50 and unlike myself he gets around the mountains very well.