Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Cat Day
Cookie and I took advantage of a boat ride with Lifeshort as part of the BFT Flotilla at UL. Great company, enjoyed ourselves immensely. Got an early run out on the water. Caught a lot of cats. A couple 30" fish and a bunch in the 24-28" range. 

Out of respect for our adult chaperones I won't get into numbers, locations, or bait,
but rather will let them report on what info they feel incline to.

Beautiful day. Great ride. Good company and some great fish. Sorry we had to leave early. Enjoyed seeing everyone again.

[Image: image000000-1.jpg]

[Image: 20230520-062710.jpg]

[Image: 20230520-063743.jpg]

[Image: 20230520-064140.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Good to see you guys!
What an enjoyable morning of fishing. The Flotilla hit a perfect day for weather and fish activity. The cats were up early, hungry and active. They seemed to eat anything we threw at them. Baits used were shrimp, fresh white bass, Cherry Kool Aid chicken breast(a less sticky version of Joatmans strawberry Jello), nightcrawlers and carp filets. It was one of those days where meeting and fishing with my son and new fishing partners (Cowboy Pirate and Cookie), having flat calm wind, perfect temperature and great fighting fish all came together. When you average landing more than a fish every five minutes that are very large and fight great it is a morning to remember. If there was one drawback to the day it was not enough downtime between fish to relax and shoot the breeze. It was one fish after the other. Sometimes three on at a time. Waiting in line for the net to get open. Retying a broken hook, rebaiting then doing it all again. My son was the designated netter and hook remover a big thanks to him for all the work. I think he only fished half the time helping take care of the older folks. Thanks to Cowboy and Cookie for the great company. Fishing is a great way to meet and get to know new people. Something that got kind of lost during COVID. Thanks to all that put in the effort to get us together. Lets do it again.
(05-20-2023, 08:27 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I took advantage of a boat ride with Lifeshort as part of the BFT Flotilla at UL. Great company, enjoyed ourselves immensely. Got an early run out on the water. Caught a lot of cats. A couple 30" fish and a bunch in the 24-28" range. 

Out of respect for our adult chaperones I won't get into numbers, locations, or bait,
but rather will let them report on what info they feel incline to.

Beautiful day. Great ride. Good company and some great fish. Sorry we had to leave early. Enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Great report and pics Lance, wow a couple of of 30 inchers, that's impressive, sounds like a great day.