Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galveston TX Fishing Report 5-23-23
The fishing in the Galveston Bays have really turned on. I can't tell you how good it feels to get some consistent weather with low winds and no rain. It has been a tough spring so far weather wise. We still catch fish, but it is usually a grind when the weather is bad. Now that we have had a week or two of much lower winds and less rain, we have really started to catch more fish.
 We have been having some really fun and productive days catching some trout, red fish and a few drum and even the flounder have been abundant. It's always nice to be able to catch a variety of species on our trips. We have been catching a lot of smaller throw backs, some days up to 30-40. But we have managed to catch some nice keepers mixed in with those juvenile fish.
 I am still using live shrimp under a popping cork right now, but I will be switching over to live croaker soon. The water temp is 75-78 and getting warmer ever day and once it hits that 80's mark, I will start dredging some croaker over some deeper shell. I am fishing mainly in West Bay and I will stay there for at least the next month or so. Well until next time, I will see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
Galveston TX Fishing
Galveston Fishing Charters

[Image: trout1.jpg]

[Image: Gilbert.jpg]

Looks like some great catches there. Wow, throwing back 30 to 40, how long were the throw back on average?