Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawing results
Received my email today. I drew a  muzzleloader general season deer tag, my second choice for that area. Unsuccessful for the rest. I just hope a few survived the winter so that I might see some.
Drew a late season muzzleloader deer tag up by Chalk Creek area.

Have the same hope of having some animals left after this winter.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.
Antelope on the San Rafael unit for me. Haven't gone in a few years because of all the Wyoming tag cuts. Should be fun!
(05-26-2023, 11:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.

That should be a fun hunt. Good luck in finding a big one.
(05-26-2023, 05:17 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 11:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.

That should be a fun hunt. Good luck in finding a big one.
Thanks, What I really want is a 30" wide buck but I'd be ok with one that was 28", we will see how that works out. Ira and I both drew, so at least I won't be hunting alone, like I did on that Big Horn sheep hunt a few years back. 
I simply put in for points this year for all my stuff. With the winter we had, I wanted to give things a break. I do have a Montana deer tag. Will be looking forward to November for this rut hunt!
(05-27-2023, 06:36 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: I simply put in for points this year for all my stuff. With the winter we had, I wanted to give things a break. I do have a Montana deer tag. Will be looking forward to November for this rut hunt!

Same here. Figured I would chase some birds and fish this fall. Hope those that drew out can find something to chase.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Just an archery deer tag for me here in Utah, havent applied for my normal wy. hunt the last couple years due to a big die off of the whitetail population due to EHD. Sure miss that hunt the wife and I started hunting there in 1997.
Floy canyon HAMSS hunt for me. Hope there are still some good bucks left.
I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
"HAMS stands for handgun, archery, muzzleloader, and shotgun. These hunts will be late season hunt and will require the use of the stated equipment. Although a late season, multi-weapon sounds like a home run, there is a large stipulation applicable to the equipment."

How late in the season is this hunt?
(05-29-2023, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
"HAMS stands for handgun, archery, muzzleloader, and shotgun. These hunts will be late season hunt and will require the use of the stated equipment. Although a late season, multi-weapon sounds like a home run, there is a large stipulation applicable to the equipment."

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?

(05-29-2023, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?I hope it works out.
(06-01-2023, 03:26 AM)300win Wrote:

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?

Thanks for the info, That should be a good time to be out there, should be during the rut, I haven't hunted deer during that rut since they changed the dates of the muzzleloader.