Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Reservoir
Currently at 90% capacity. 
Anyone been there recently? Considering taking the boat up there this week.

Thanks.
(05-28-2023, 02:32 PM)LundLefty Wrote: Currently at 90% capacity. 
Anyone been there recently? Considering taking the boat up there this week.
There was a report last night on KSL outdoors, that said EC was fishing good for some bigger bows and even a few wipers were being caught. Look forward to reading your report, if you get up there.
Like he said some huge wiper were picked up last week. I had a friend who mentioned kokes but I could not get much more out of him
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Haven't fished EC since I got my boat. Used to fish for smallies from my kayak, but got really tired of all the power squadron waves. It was a long and rough pedal back from the west side. Looking forward to getting there when water is up and the hike back up that ramp isn't so bad.
Fished there last night, we fished from shore and were targeting trout but only caught a few bass.  Still a fun night out but honestly disappointed
I'd be just as disappointed the other way around - catching trout instead of bass.
(05-30-2023, 07:26 PM)Bckfvr Wrote: Fished there last night, we fished from shore and were targeting trout but only caught a few bass.  Still a fun night out but honestly disappointed
Thanks for the report, any size to the smallies you got? Too bad the trout did not come out to play.
Hello everyone. First time posting, long time reader of the site. I was up with my kids from 8:30am - 11:30am Monday morning wanted to be there earlier but went up i-80 by little dell to take the short cut over the mountain but the gate was still closed so we took the longer route over the summit and past echo since we drove from SLC. We fished the bank with powerbait and ended up with 7 trout and missed a few others. We didn't get any real size just planter bows. But was enough to keep the kids entertained.
(05-30-2023, 11:15 PM)Justanibble Wrote: Hello everyone.  First time posting, long time reader of the site.  I was up with my kids from 8:30am - 11:30am Monday morning wanted to be there earlier but went up i-80 by little dell to take the short cut over the mountain but the gate was still closed so we took the longer route over the summit and past echo since we drove from SLC.  We fished the bank with powerbait and ended up with 7 trout and  missed a few others.  We didn't get any real size just planter bows.  But was enough to keep the kids entertained.

Welcome to the site and thanks for the report. It's always good when you can get the kids on the fish. Which end of the lake were you fishing?
East side up from the resort but before the restrooms.
(05-31-2023, 01:07 PM)Justanibble Wrote: East side up from the resort but before the restrooms.

That's a good location, we use to ice fish there and do good. Were there many other shore anglers in that area?
There was a good amount of people out but we had a decent distance between the other folks around us. There is a lot of brush in the water had to switch from a lead sinker to a clear bubble full of water or we would get snagged almost everytime we reeled in without a fish on.
(05-31-2023, 07:22 PM)Justanibble Wrote: There was a good amount of people out but we had a decent distance between the other folks around us.  There is a lot of brush in the water  had to switch from a lead sinker to a clear bubble full of water or we would get snagged almost everytime we reeled in without a fish on.

LOL, that was going to be my next question, if you were using a casting bubble, thanks for the added info. There are lots of snags when the lake is this full.