Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo
I finally made some time yesterday to fish a bass tournament at echo yesterday. The new parking and wider ramp is great. Bathrooms are very much improved and it was quit nice overall I don't think they put a fish cleaning station in because the dumpster had that very distinct smell. The lake it self is coming up fast. Long way to go to get to full pool but I'm sure it will get there. Water temp was 57 at launch and 59 when we got off the water. Fishing was pretty good we got a lot of smallies just under two lbs along with the rest of the field 4 trout were caught and released one 18" bow the rest were 12 in planters. Lots of debris in the water so be careful.
Great report. Good to hear Echo is starting a good bite. I drove past about six time in the last few days and noticed the tournament boats cruising the shore line in search of bass. Did you see any sign up perch on the sonar?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Some that looked like to be perch and some bites that felt perchy
(05-28-2023, 03:34 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: I finally made some time yesterday to fish a bass tournament at echo yesterday. The new parking and wider ramp is great. Bathrooms are very much improved and it was quit nice overall I don't think they put a fish cleaning station in because the dumpster had that very distinct smell. The lake it self is coming up fast. Long way to go to get to full pool but I'm sure it will get there. Water temp was 57 at launch and 59 when we got off the water. Fishing was pretty good we got a lot of smallies just under two lbs along with the rest of the field 4 trout were caught and released one 18" bow the rest were 12 in planters. Lots of debris in the water so be careful.

Thanks for the report, sure haven't got too many from Echo this year. Get you or anyone else get any smallies over 2 lbs?
One of my favorite smallie lakes. Can't wait to get back on it again after the long closure. Hope it warms and fills soon.
(05-28-2023, 05:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 03:34 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: I finally made some time yesterday to fish a bass tournament at echo yesterday. The new parking and wider ramp is great. Bathrooms are very much improved and it was quit nice overall I don't think they put a fish cleaning station in because the dumpster had that very distinct smell. The lake it self is coming up fast. Long way to go to get to full pool but I'm sure it will get there. Water temp was 57 at launch and 59 when we got off the water. Fishing was pretty good we got a lot of smallies just under two lbs along with the rest of the field 4 trout were caught and released one 18" bow the rest were 12 in planters. Lots of debris in the water so be careful.

Thanks for the report, sure haven't got too many from Echo this year. Get you or anyone else get any smallies over 2 lbs?

We did not catch any over 2 lbs and not very many were caught that I know of
I wonder where all the bigger ones went, hopefully there are a few left.
what organization had a bass tournament ?