Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-30
Hit the lake with Fast Randy and Obi’ launching at 7 from the north marina. Headed out into the openness dropped in and Obi then Randy hooked up on eyes for a double, a bit later another eye and a perch came aboard. We were thinking that this may be a quick morning but the Scrooge showed up and made us cover a lot of water to pick up 1 more eye, 2 more perch and a wiper. Water temp was 68, pulled cranks most of the day although Randy and Obi both drowned a couple worms on bottom bouncers with no love. Blue and silver was probably the best color for action but other colors produced a fish here and there. Good seeing and chatting with Curt and Ira out there, fun day with my crew. Oh I did put on a pair of downriggers to see if that helped with getting the cranks down, which it did but they only produced the wiper. 
[Image: IMG-0899.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0900.jpg]
Nice job  how deep were the fish today?
Thanks for the report I will be out there later in the week if the weather holds.
(05-30-2023, 11:13 PM)oldguy Wrote: Nice job  how deep were the fish today?
Thanks for the report I will be out there later in the week if the weather holds.

There were fish suspended when we started and then on the bottom 22-23’ of water. I’ll be back out on Friday also
(05-30-2023, 10:09 PM)2knots Wrote: Hit the lake with Fast Randy and Obi’ launching at 7 from the north marina. Headed out into the openness dropped in and Obi then Randy hooked up on eyes for a double, a bit later another eye and a perch came aboard. We were thinking that this may be a quick morning but the Scrooge showed up and made us cover a lot of water to pick up 1 more eye, 2 more perch and a wiper. Water temp was 68, pulled cranks most of the day although Randy and Obi both drowned a couple worms on bottom bouncers with no love. Blue and silver was probably the best color for action but other colors produced a fish here and there. Good seeing and chatting with Curt and Ira out there, fun day with my crew. Oh I did put on a pair of downriggers to see if that helped with getting the cranks down, which it did but they only produced the wiper. 

Thanks for hosting, it is always a good time on your boat, I'll be on the Bay the next three days, putting to use what I learned today with you guys.
I love fishing with you two. Can't wait for Friday. And I don't remember any caught on blue/ silver. Lol. I got the biggest and the smallest Walleye. And two perch on good old TM blue gill.
Shawn has put on a challenge for Us on Friday. He thinks because he is constantly turning, he catches more.

Owe, and that TM blue gill, i did replace the front treble with a red one. Way Back when I earned my moniker fast_randy I used to do that with liples rattel traps. I swear it helps.
Nice going you guys, sounds like a fun day on the water, how long was the wiper?

I found a fillet knife at the South marina fish cleaning station, if someone left one there today, send me a PM and tell me what kind it is and I'll get it back to you.
Good day at the Bay for you guys. Have any of you tried the gate before 6 this year? Wondering if they are keeping it on normal closure schedule
Still a good day to put any fish in the boat at Willard.  Nice!
Good job, nice pics, and good report...might just get my boat out there one day soon..screwed up my back a month ago,so today I did a trial run out to East Canyon, trolling, to see how I would handle everything, and everything worked fairly well..So save me a place out on the water there; hope to get there in a couple weeks..
(05-31-2023, 03:56 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Good day at the Bay for you guys. Have any of you tried the gate before 6 this year? Wondering if they are keeping it on normal closure schedule

I haven’t, but until recently the bite was later in the am

(05-31-2023, 04:03 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Still a good day to put any fish in the boat at Willard.  Nice!

Thanks and yes it was

(05-31-2023, 02:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice going you guys, sounds like a fun day on the water, how long was the wiper?

I found a fillet knife at the South marina fish cleaning station, if someone left one there today, send me a PM and tell me what kind it is and I'll get it back to you.

Never measured it Curt

(05-31-2023, 01:03 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I love fishing with you two. Can't wait for Friday. And I don't remember any caught on blue/ silver. Lol. I got the biggest and the smallest Walleye. And two perch on good old TM blue gill.
Shawn has put on a challenge for Us on Friday. He thinks because he is constantly turning, he catches more.

Owe, and that TM blue gill, i did replace the front treble with a red one. Way Back when I earned my moniker fast_randy I used to do that with liples rattel traps. I swear it helps.

I thought you got the 1st eye on blue and silver and put the blue gill on later, guess I wasn’t paying attention lol. I did have the autopilot on zigzag where we started but turned it off once we started looking at other spots

(05-31-2023, 12:11 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 10:09 PM)2knots Wrote: Hit the lake with Fast Randy and Obi’ launching at 7 from the north marina. Headed out into the openness dropped in and Obi then Randy hooked up on eyes for a double, a bit later another eye and a perch came aboard. We were thinking that this may be a quick morning but the Scrooge showed up and made us cover a lot of water to pick up 1 more eye, 2 more perch and a wiper. Water temp was 68, pulled cranks most of the day although Randy and Obi both drowned a couple worms on bottom bouncers with no love. Blue and silver was probably the best color for action but other colors produced a fish here and there. Good seeing and chatting with Curt and Ira out there, fun day with my crew. Oh I did put on a pair of downriggers to see if that helped with getting the cranks down, which it did but they only produced the wiper. 

Thanks for hosting, it is always a good time on your boat, I'll be on the Bay the next three days, putting to use what I learned today with you guys.

Good luck and see you on Friday

(05-31-2023, 05:42 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Good job, nice pics, and good report...might just get my boat out there one day soon..screwed up my back a month ago,so today I did a trial run out to East Canyon, trolling, to see how I would handle everything, and everything worked fairly well..So save me a place out on the water there; hope to get there in a couple weeks..

Sorry to hear about your back Joe, hope it recovers quickly and we see you out there soon
Great report, I need to go fishing. Sad
(05-31-2023, 03:56 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Good day at the Bay for you guys. Have any of you tried the gate before 6 this year? Wondering if they are keeping it on normal closure schedule

I was at the south marina this morning at 5:45 and the gate was closed. Looks like it's automatic but we went to the north marina and it was open but it was 6:01 by then so it may have opened automatically right at 6:00 before we got there. Only one boat there when we got in.
(06-01-2023, 10:55 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote:

I was at the south marina this morning at 5:45 and the gate was closed. Looks like it's automatic but we went to the north marina and it was open but it was 6:01 by then so it may have opened automatically right at 6:00 before we got there. Only one boat there when we got in.

Thanks
(06-02-2023, 01:31 AM)EyLayo Wrote:
(06-01-2023, 10:55 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote:

Thanks

5:45am and it’s closed

[Image: IMG-0902.jpg]