Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday afternoon Willard Bay 5/30/23
My friend and I hit Willard Bay Tuesday afternoon/evening.  We started fishing about 2pm and fished until 7:30.  9 walleye, 2 wipers, 1 perch and 1 channel cat.  Started between the south marina and very southwest corner and trolled about 2/3 way up to towards the light pole.  Used crawler harnesses and crankbaits.  Color did not seem to be important.  Wipers were caught on the crawler harnesses.  About 1/2 the walleye too.  Fished from 16-21' deep.  Used downriggers set at 8' down and lines were 140-150' back behind the ball.  Used bottom bouncers and leadcore line for the crawler harnesses.  We didn't need no stinkin' planer boards! LOL  We were going 1.9-2.3mph with the best success.
That's a nice haul! Very good day for Willard. Well done
Hey Scott - Were you running your crawler harnesses and cranks all at the same time? Thanks
Scott, I deleted your photos. They were inserted the wrong way and take up to much memory. They are great photos, if you could add them in using the blue link right below the post, on the left,, they won't create the forum issue. Thanks. I will message this to you also
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-01-2023, 04:22 AM)Trent_S Wrote: Hey Scott - Were you running your crawler harnesses and cranks all at the same time? Thanks

Yes, we were running two harnesses and two cranks all at the same time.

(06-01-2023, 03:19 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Scott, I deleted your photos. They were inserted the wrong way and take up to much memory. They are great photos, if you could add them in using the blue link right below the post, on the left,, they won't create the forum issue. Thanks. I will message this to you also

Why would the BFT site even let you add photos if it was the "wrong way"?  I didn't do anything wrong, just used what was intuitive on the website.  Makes no sense to me.  They were a simple photo from my phone so they weren't huge files.  This is why I (and many others) hesitate to post anything anymore.  Time for me to move on I guess.