Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Thursday 6/1
I took some neighbors out on Thursday morning, what a difference a day makes we got out lines in around 6:30 at the same area I caught them the day before, with the difference there was no wind. It took until 7:30 to put the first fish eye in the boat on a bottom bouncer the we went another hour and a half until the wind came up for a couple hours and we put 7 in the box between 9-11 along the West Wall then then wind quit and we got 1 more shortly before pulling in our lines around 1 pm. My daughter served as my deck hand today showing off her skills with fillet knife.
[Image: IMG-1064.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1065.jpg]
(06-03-2023, 05:17 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I took some neighbors out on Thursday morning, what a difference a day makes we got out lines in around 6:30 at the same area I caught them the day before, with the difference there was no wind. It took until 7:30 to put the first fish eye in the boat on a bottom bouncer the we went another hour and a half until the wind came up for a couple hours and we put 7 in the box between 9-11 along the West Wall then then wind quit and we got 1 more shortly before pulling in our lines around 1 pm. My daughter served as my deck hand today showing off her skills with fillet knife.

Wow Shawn, you had a great week out there. Looks like you have trained your daughter well. Did the came colors and lures work on both days?
(06-03-2023, 05:17 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I took some neighbors out on Thursday morning, what a difference a day makes we got out lines in around 6:30 at the same area I caught them the day before, with the difference there was no wind. It took until 7:30 to put the first fish eye in the boat on a bottom bouncer the we went another hour and a half until the wind came up for a couple hours and we put 7 in the box between 9-11 along the West Wall then then wind quit and we got 1 more shortly before pulling in our lines around 1 pm. My daughter served as my deck hand today showing off her skills with fillet knife.

Wow she can come with me, she can teach my grandson..
(06-03-2023, 06:04 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:

Wow she can come with me, she can teach my grandson..
The funny thing is that she has watched me fillet a bunch of fish and has never had interest in giving it a try until I was teaching one of the boys how to fillet and he was struggling, and her competitive spirit came out to show that she could do it better than him. That was her first time filleting.