Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sept 2023 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Orlando
Summer 2023 is winding down in August, school starts again, summer vacation season ends, the intracoastal waterway gets quieter with less boats, fall is right around the corner. Changes will take place in the water too, temps will not drop for a month or two yet, but baitfish , mullet and pilchard schools are thick, the beach run of mullet starts to migrate south by months end, along with inshore migratory gamefish, Jack Crevalle, Bluefish, Spanish Mackerel, big fall Ladyfish, also Tarpon and Pompano schools passing along the coast heading south. Resident species are here year round, Black Drum, Redfish, Seatrout and Snook, the drum are still one of the catchable fish in the backcountry here at New Smyrna Beach in the Northern Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon, Scott from Pennsylvania caught and released a nice one recently with me along with many other species on my variety mixed bag trips ……………..

[Image: AIL4fc8vLY2WMmGGupkCtmUp2bCFplxoHLpGanQX...authuser=0]

Longtime regular client Martin from Quebec caught his first ever Redfish this summer, for a quick photo before sending him back into Mosquito Lagoon …………….

[Image: AIL4fc8CaNnY0_VdBP_OqHraW7Ixv4wzL8a47Gl4...authuser=0]

Surprise catches are never out of the question in the salty backwaters, including Atlantic Spadefish, usually an ocean catch, Steve had a great light tackle battle landing this one of a couple pounds …………….

[Image: AIL4fc99yP9R99SzC5M-GdvyQM0Z9_K8xk5Yl_o-...authuser=0]

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com