Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 11/11
Arrived at a little after 8 am to a cool 19 degrees. Lake was calm with no wind. Got launched and was fishing by 830. Tried some shallow cranks 1st with only 1 hit. Switched over to dodger and squid tipped with maggots on one, then with a small piece of chub on the other. It was game on from there on out. I varied the depths from as little as 5 ft down to 15. There were fish at all levels. Caught generally smaller ones shallow, but still chunky.  But I also caught quite a few 15 to 17 inch nice ones. I had doubles 3 times and just had a great morning.

I would occasionally see marks down as deep as 40 ft, looked for perch for a while, but never really found any schools.  I had 3 great bows in the cooler and was hoping for a 20+ so i switched out to some cranks, put one down 20 ft and the other at 25. Pushed the speed to 2.7 and headed back towards the ramp. I had seen some bigger marks down 30 to 40 ft. Well I caught my last double and both were great fish. I released the 18 incher and kept the biggest fish of the day, 20.5. 

Echo is hot for bows right now. I caught between 25 and 30, and had several that just came loose.

[Image: 20231111-085626.jpg]

[Image: 20231111-113935.jpg]

[Image: 20231111-135643.jpg]
Water Temp?
Thanks for the report and pictures.  That sounds like a fun day on the water.

Those are some healthy-looking rainbows. Smile
(11-12-2023, 01:36 AM)Bassin_Blitz Wrote: Water Temp?

Sorry, I didn't make a note of it.
(11-12-2023, 01:36 AM)Bassin_Blitz Wrote: Water Temp?

Surface temp. when I was there on Nov. 7 was 50*.. probably colder now..
Nice bows, sounds like a great morning. Were you fishing the inlet side or the dam side of the lake? From my experience there, I seem to always see the perchy marks on the inlet side of the lake.
(11-12-2023, 02:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice bows, sounds like a great morning. Were you fishing the inlet side or the dam side of the lake? From my experience there, I seem to always see the perchy marks on the inlet side of the lake.

I fished mid-lake towards the inlet. I did see some scattered perch like marks towards the inlet, but not enough to try and jig them up. I never went further north than the boat ramp, so i don't know fishy wise towards the dam. The fishing got slower the further north I went.