Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle - dumb questions...
OK, full disclosure... I'm probably just a dumb guy asking normal questions.

Do all of the Jordanelle access points require a fee? 

And are they all open this time of year?

I am thinking of heading up there on Wednesday. Only fished it once from a float tube near the Provo inlet (Rock Cliff?) and wasn't a fan of the area. Looking for some not-so-steeply dropping bottom contours and areas that catch more sun. I think the main access point looks OK, but wasn't sure is they close it seasonally.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Yes all the access points require a fee and they are all open all year.
Hit Jordanelle yesterday with the float tube from 10:30a to 3:00p... hazy skies and LOTS OF WIND! Water temp was 47 degrees and clear.

I opted for the Hailstone access (half-price, off-season) and fished east of the main boat ramp and out on the wave-swept shorelines. Landed a handful of Rainbows up to 18-inches stripping leeches (Black Mamba) on an intermediate line. Believe I saw the DNR hatchery truck on the boat ramp as I was kicking around the corner so assume that a fresh supply of slime rockets arrived yesterday.

No Browns, no Splake which was disappointing. Maybe I need to try other areas for them.

Can't add pictures so... you'll have to take my word for it.  Tongue
Thanks for the report.  The wind is bad enough in the summer but it can be brutal this time of year.

I float tubed there on January 7th because Deer Creek was already frozen.  I launched at the PWC ramp and fished that area and picked up two browns and few rainbows on a pink crystal bugger.  It was breezy then too. Sad
(11-16-2023, 04:29 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote: Can't add pictures so... you'll have to take my word for it.  Tongue

Why do you think you can't add pics? Are you using this procedure:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1101135

If you can't use that procedure, for whatever reason, I'd be glad to help, as would any of the mods.
(11-16-2023, 05:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 04:29 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote: Can't add pictures so... you'll have to take my word for it.  Tongue

If you can't use that procedure, for whatever reason, I'd be glad to help, as would any of the mods.

Yes, the site that pops up when I hit the Add Image to Post link says "Blocked due to content filtering"
(11-16-2023, 10:39 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 05:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Yes, the site that pops up when I hit the Add Image to Post link says "Blocked due to content filtering"

OK, thanks, i'll pass that info on to the tech guy but the offer stands, I'd be glad to help you add your pics, just send them to bigfishtackle@yahoo.com and I'll get them added to any post you want, just let me know the title of the post.